What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 16th - November 22nd, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spicy Sunday for the WIN! The GameChanger .68 plate series for the tool of choice.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: RazoRock GC .68 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS: Old Spic Classic (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice ASB
EdC: Old Spice Classic (US)

I scraped some of the Stirling Spice into the bottom of my Captains Choice Heavy Copper, poured some hot water over it while I showered. I poured the bloom water into the VdH bowl with fresh hot water to build the lather from. That lather got slick, thick, and creamy.

This is one of my favorite shaves of the week. I can't get enough of it. Between Sundays and Wednesdays I do not know which is my favorite shave of the week.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

SOTD - Sunday 22 November 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped - 0.95mm - TRH2 - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Grizzly Bay - Maui - Synbad - 24mm Fan (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Soap: Zingari Man - The Explorer
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm

Date:- 22 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Brown Windsor
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Sun 22nd SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi Knight Helmet
Blade Viking Sword #2
Post & aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Super lather from the soap especially for the scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was just ok smooth for 3 passes. WTG & XTG was good but ATG was a little rough. Dfs to ccf results with 1 weeper.
Excellent post & aftershaves.
Rating 9/10
20201122_173427.jpg

9CB98A1D-4B91-462C-8E61-9841CBDE971F.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 22, 2020

Great combination shave this morning as we prepare an early Thanksgiving send off for my stepson this afternoon prior to his visit to his girlfriend’s parents who don’t believe the Covid plague is real. In any case he has accepted that he will have to shelter in place for two weeks uponn his return. This year we’ll have Thanksgiving twice. Once today, and then again on Thursday with my clan pod.

The shave was excellent this morning and featured the Saito SK3 7/8 for my mug and my Schick E Type for the noggin. The Viking Silvertip Badger is just a great brush and easily generated the two types of lather that I like - a thinner, wetter, slick lather for the mug, and a thicker, yogurty lather for the dome. The three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) mug shave was a pleasure. The following two pass (ATG, ATG) dome shave checked all the boxes as well. I feel clean, velveteen and refreshed.

RAZOR: Saito SK3. 7/8 (Mug), Schick E Type (Dome)
BLADE: Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom