Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

908E27C1-4F4B-4C78-B9C8-B03548D9E027.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020

My current bride suffers from a severe fragrance allergy which can lead to migraines. My first wife loved both AS and Cologne resulting in a comfortable collection of AS and cologne, but give as she’s currently residing on the other side of the grass I’m usually limited to scentless products with the exception of lime, and as long as it isn’t too long lasting. Today’s selection fit the Bill and provided the foundation for a delightful shave.

Despite the fact that the Dovo Special I selected for today’s mug shave led to a fearful facial injury five years ago, it was my first straight razor and is a tremendous shaver. I have come to enjoy shaving with it. This morning’s shave was a two pass (WTG, XTG) that left your humble narrator clean an velveteen. The Feather Super loaded in my Vector cleaned up my dome in its usual one and 1/2 pass (ATG) way and delivered a comparable dome shave. The combined shave left me in very pleasant lime-scented, velveteen bliss.

RAZOR: Dovo Special 5/8 (Mug), Blackland Vector (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Tuxedo Synth
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime.

Shave of the day: 11/21/2020

Prep: Nivea Cleanser, The Bluebeards Revenge Scrub

Pre Shave: Proraso Red

Soap: Arko

Razor: Parker 24c

Blade: Derby Premium (3)

Brush: Wilkinson sword pure bristle

Alum: Osma

Aftershave: Witch hazel and Nivea sensitive balm

Rating: 8/10

Overall an ok shave.

Is it me or the Parker 24c is kinda harsh? It's efficient and all but the last two times I used it it was kinda harsh. I can tell on my sensitive spots that it has a tendency to hurt. Don't get me wrong it's a fine razor but I'd prefer it to be more buttery smooth. I had mild irritation on some spots. Of course it also be the blade's fault being in its third shave. I could feel it pull on my hairs.
IMG_20201122_003000_924.jpg

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-11-21.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 21/46 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: TFS Traditional Almond
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Treet Platinum (4)
ASL: Almond Splash

WFSR Shave 19:
A good shave (but not spectacular today). :letterk1:

Finally, there's a small dip in the progress chart. The blade seemed a tad rough, but I suspect it was just an operator inspired one-off which will right itself on the next shave. I guess that expecting a brilliant shave EVERY TIME is somewhat optimistic, even for me. :crazy:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Saturday Night

EJ DE86
7 o’clock SS (2)
Omega Boar
Cella
Pinaud AS
Ah fantastic shave tonight.
Fabulous simply fabulous! I get a BBS result with this combo without really trying to. I love this razor, the head design is foolproof. I never seem to get nicked with it. It is comfortable to say the least. I favor milder razors so it’s not surprising that I like this one. The AS is my go to lately. I automatically reach for it when I’m done shaving. I now almost see no need for another one as I love this original Clubman so much.
I am very pleased and the face is quite smooth.
18EA8153-080F-46D9-B3A3-425BAAC7F48B.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
38AA2188-7BFD-48AF-B850-5CE18BFF589D.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) England: Soap Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol.
3) China: Razor Schick Exacta 2 Sensitive disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Calvin Klein Euphoria Cologne.

SOTD : 22nd November 2020.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)

Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (2)

Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut ~ Sport Style ASL./Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

It doesn't matter which way i use the humble palmolive classic shave stick , it never fails to provide me with a super protective slick lather leaving a good post shave feel. Superb stuff!.

second outing with the Katana/Euromax Platinum half blade duo performing with smooth efficiency.

Another wonderful 2 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom