:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/43 Pure
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
ASL: Iced Orange

WFSR Shave 16:
An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Today I used a totally new-to-me blade. A Treet Platinum. My first ever "Made in Pakistan" blade. I've seen lots of positive reviews of said blade recently so I decided to try them out.

I appreciate that a single shave doesn't tell you that much, but the Treet was certainly a treat. It performed really well with the rest of the team in a smooth and sharp way. :001_cool:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

11/18/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Astro Traveler Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Epic Fall Seasonal Scent
Dr. Jon's Halloween 2020 Shave till the Grave Onward to Victory Shaving Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Atomic Rocket 26mm Synthetic Suave Knot Shaving Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Ever Ready 1912 Razor
Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 9th Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel with Silver Detachable Logo Tag
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Dr. Jon's Halloween 2020 Shave till the Grave Onward to Victory Aftershave Tonic
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage to the Original Seaforth Spiced!​

B IMG_8064.jpg

Not likely. My first shallow angle shave was smooth and irritation free. I sees potential to get a close smooth shave if and when I master the angle. My understanding from blade dynamics is that it also increases blade life.
It's probably a personal thing, i.e. whisker, skin, face shape type. I'm a natural steep shaver. I tried shallow for a good solid month and my face was very unhappy. On returning to steep my face recovered completely after a short two days.

Methinks blade life is down to technique rather that angle preference. HERE's the result of lots of steep angle shaves. :wink2:

S.O.T.D - Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Pre-shave:- RazoRock Charcoal Lime PreShave Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush:- RazoRock Disruptor
Soap/Cream:- RazoRock XX
Razor/Blade:- Shick Adjustable Injector (M1)/Schick (15)
Post:- RazoRock Ultimate Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Stirling Balm
After-shave:- RazoRock XX​
20201118_072607.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
6E7A337A-ACE3-40DC-81EF-1A1B8B37B9FD.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Germany: Soap Tabac.
3) China: Razor Schick Exacta 2 Sensitive disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Vera Wang for men Cologne.

6BA3B53A-4714-48C1-9ED9-FF666BA17595.jpeg

This motley crew was my SOTN tonight before bed.

Pre-shave: Hot shower and Barbasol 1919 brushless cream
Razor: Washington Cutlery "King of Whiskers"
Brush: TSS Reine Borste
Cream: Erasmic
AS: Sea Breeze Sensitive

The soap I use in the shower right now is some odd vegan "volcanic ash" soap from the Commonwealth Soap Company. It seems to exfoliate a little, because it leaves my face feel oddly dry and not at all compatible with being shaved. Separately, I had bought the Barbasol 1919 a few weeks ago. I don't much care for it as a shaving cream, but I discovered that it works nicely as a pre-shave, which is necessary after what that soap does to my face.

Washington Cutlery decamped from Milwaukee in late 1906 for the 40-miles-distant burg of Watertown, where they primarily engaged in the business of making hardware and butcher and restaurant equipment (I have my grandfather's 1930s-vintage meat cleaver made there) rather than working anymore on German-made razors. So this knife almost certainly dates to before 1907. I had it honed at Gemstar Customs and it is an aggressive little tool. Cut me up pretty good on first usage, but I decided to give it another chance tonight.

This brush is the third in my set of identically walnut-handled brushes provided by The Superior Shave. (The others are a 2-band badger and a "Mimik Badger" synth; I don't know if I care to make the investment in the only walnut-handle brush I don't yet have, which is a silvertip.) This is, obviously, a 20mm boar, and it is in fact the only boar brush I have ever enjoyed using. Felt broken in right from the get go, and isn't so densely packed as to be impossible to splay. Has nice flow-through. This is a rotation brush.

Still trying to empty this Erasmic tube. When it's gone I next have to empty a 1/3-full Proraso green cream, then finally I can maybe go back to using one of my open soaps.

And, the Sea Breeze. No sense wasting expensive aftershave on the pillow. Sea Breeze is water, alcohol, glycerin, and fragrance. Sounds like an aftershave to me.

This is somewhere around my 25th straight razor shave and, in between easy stropping sessions on the Illinois 127, the King of Whiskers did rule over my beard today. Two passes done in ten minutes' work produced BBS on the cheeks, DFS on the chin. Didn't work on it any longer because the LOTH wanted to use the bathroom. A highly efficient cutter, drawing no blood except when I reopened an existing scab, and no redness or feedback from the Sea Breeze.

Off to dreamland.

SOTD : 19th November 2020.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

Soap : Lea Shave Stick.

Blade: Trig ~ Silver Edge. (4) (Green cover)

Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adj.~ (Settings) 5-wtg,6-xtg,7-atg+pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./proraso eucalyptus & menthol ASL./Tesco ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

I started having cold water shaves since April this year, which have been an invigorating tonic for my mature skin and a good wake up call for my face sensors.

Last outing of the Trig Silver edge blade which has performed wonderfully with each shave throughout the week showing no signs of dulling.

The Lea shave stick lathered up wonderfully on my face with the Semogue 1305 building up a slick protective lather adequate enough for the full shave...'This week i have re-discovered my love for my humble boar brushes again'.

The Proraso eucalyptus & menthol aftershave i haven't used for a while which is a favourite of mine it's scent to my nose smells nothing like the soap... YMMV I only wish the fragrance of this outstanding aftershave lotion had more lingering power....However, the post shave feel makes up for the lack of it's wonderful sadly quickly fading away fragrance.

Opposite to the Ming Shi 2000s in my previous shave i find the higher setting are more suited to my skin type when i shave with the Weishi 2.0.adj it's shaving characteristics remind me of the parker variant with less aggression.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Tesco ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:
Turkish Thursday with Arko Soap in a bowl (Refilled with a crushed soap stick) and my Rockwell 6S Matte Black.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Arko Soap
Razor: Rockwell Razors 6S Matte Black(R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Tiger Platinum (2)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: The Shaving Factory Turkish Boar
AS: Arko Gold Power

I scrapped some of the Arko into the bottom of my @Captain Pre-Capsize Heavy Copper, poured some hot water over it while I showered. I poured the bloom water into the VdH bowl with fresh hot water to build the lather from. That lather got slick, thick, and creamy. A really nice shave, if I do say so myself.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
proxy.php
Despite a slight increase in blade feel, the first shave with the H1 plate was as smooth as with the R1 but noticeably more efficient. BBS in 2 passes, WTG & ATG.

Thursday‌ ‌11.19.20 ‌SOTD‌
proxy.php

RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
ATT Calypso Blue H2 plate / Astra‌ ‌SP
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
B&M Reserve Spice Shaving Soap
B&M Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash
My first shave with the H2 (OC) plate was barely distinguishable from yesterday’s shave with the H1 (SB) plate -- maybe a little more efficient without being too aggressive. Again BBS in 2 passes,
WTG & ATG.

Thu 19th On the Road SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Treet Dura Sharp 1st
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Fantastic lather from the soap! Super thick, creamy and slick! What a nice bayrum scent!
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes for a bbs to dfs/ccs result. Excellent aftershaves.
Rating 9.7/10
20201118_185231.jpg

20201119_170705.jpg

Date:- 19 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Lea Classic (tallow)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

SOTD, November 19, 2020

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Tech R2 (1972)
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Belle's Place Green Irish Tweed
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving Fougere
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

11/19/2020

Greece continues to operate under lock down. Today was a perfect day for a shave. It had been over 3 days since the last one so my beard was nice and long and my face had healed from previous ailments like pimples and some mildly irritated spots.

Prep: Washed my hair, Nivea face cleanser, The bluebeards revenge scrub
Pre shave: The bluebeards revenge oil
Creme: Nivea Blue
Razor: Merkur 34c HD
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Brush: Semogue 2020
Alum: Osma
Aftershave: Witch hazel and Proraso green lotion

Rating: 10/10

Today's shave was perfect. Zero nicks, cuts, irritation or discomfort. I fell in love with my new Merkur 34c instantly. Mild enough but efficient. Efficient is the key word to describe this razor. I love it, it's perfect. Combined with a Derby Premium blade in its second shave gave me immaculate results. Nice balance point, nice size, easy to move around and beautiful. I just received it today!

Today i had great prep. The Bluebeards Revenge srub and pre shave oil work wonders. I had long whiskers but these products made them nice and soft and clean.

First time using Nivea blue creme. Very nice product. Nice protection, mild scent and nice residual slickness. A small amount was enough for 3-4 passes. The semogue brush works just fine. It can hold a lot of water and foam and is very soft to the skin.

The shave was concluded with an alum block by Osma, witch hazel and my favorite Proraso Green lotion. No stinging at all.

126265458_1103135516786143_9101763757869467232_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom