Wed 18th On the Road SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Excellent soap with nice scent and performance.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable for 3+1passes for a mostly bbs to dfs/ccs result. Rating 9.7/10
20201118_072659.jpg

SOTD, November 18, 2020

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: 7am Plus Hi Platinum Durablade
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Belle's Place Green Irish Tweed
Aftershave: Speick After Shave Lotion
Additional Care:
English Laundry Notting Hill
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD,WED, Nov18th 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant-Mfg 2017, mid upper range, lite touch will produce excellent results.
Blade: Gillette 7Oclock super platinum (6)- Sharp& smooth & one of my favorite DE blades!
Soap: Proraso red sandal wood- nice mild sandal wood with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm tuxedo knot, "Sagrada Familia" named after a famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain I visited once + millions of others, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 +pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bay rum + Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a 7 Oclock SP.
DE SOTD, Wed, Nov 18th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

1AB3DEEF-F0EB-489D-BD94-37B5E23EAE7A.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 18, 2020

I was up early for a couple of medical appointments, and didn’t have time to post this earlier. My favorite shavette/Barber’s razor is my Feather DX. I can always count on a quick excellent shave, and this morning’s shave was true to form. Unfortunately, while I was shaving my mug, my dachshund, Gromit, was feeling playful and knocked a Fine American blend to the tile floor and broke it! Although I tried to clean it up, the scent gave poor SWMBO a migraine, and I lost 10 minutes leading to a rushed dome shave. It’s only my third shave with the Tradere. I ordered it on the day it became available, but due to my safety razor glut, it sat in the razor stand, and was only used twice since it’s arrival several months ago. The handle is a bit longer than I’m used to, and in my rush to get to the doc’s ended up nicking the top of my right ear. Some Proraso Styptic Gel put that to rights, leaving me clean, cool, and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Feather DX Wood Handle (Mug), Blackland Tradere (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1183873
SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 18, 2020

I was up early for a couple of medical appointments, and didn’t have time to post this earlier. My favorite shavette/Barber’s razor is my Feather DX. I can always count on a quick excellent shave, and this morning’s shave was true to form. Unfortunately, while I was shaving my mug, my dachshund, Gromit, was feeling playful and knocked a Fine American blend to the tile floor and broke it! Although I tried to clean it up, the scent gave poor SWMBO a migraine, and I lost 10 minutes leading to a rushed dome shave. It’s only my third shave with the Tradere. I ordered it on the day it became available, but due to my safety razor glut, it sat in the razor stand, and was only used twice since it’s arrival several months ago. The handle is a bit longer than I’m used to, and in my rush to get to the doc’s ended up nicking the top of my right ear. Some Proraso Styptic Gel put that to rights, leaving me clean, cool, and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Feather DX Wood Handle (Mug), Blackland Tradere (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.
Interesting read, I have to smile every once in a while & but in a good way about you and your dogs. You have been tripped up, accidently cut when pawed for attention while shaving and know one of them has knocked over your aftershave bottle on the floor and has given you a migraine head ache. I hope those dogs🐩 realize it's in their best interest to keep their master well & happy🐕😭!
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom