SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 6th - May 12th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 11 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Merchant of Tobacco
Razor/Blade:- Razorock Mission / Polsilver Super Iridium #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

05/11/19 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with KenetMD Savon Massage Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump 47 Conditioning Shampoo Puck (W/ Yucca Root & Cider Vinegar)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre De Drago Artisan Shave Soap
Wolf Whiskers RCE# 47 Custom Fluted DWW-3 25mm Black Wolf 3rd batch Synthetic hybrid/fan knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Edwin Jagger 3D Laser Diamond Knurled Handle Safety Razor
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 1st Shave
Shavex Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre De Drago Artisan Aftershave Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre De Drago Natural Deodorant - New Sport Strength Formula

B IMG_4417.jpg

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Ramblin’ Man
Soap: Maggard Limes & Bergamot
Razor: Vintage Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless (6)
Brush: Maggard 2-Band Badger-24mmx46mm
Aftershave: Country Club Frozen Vetiver

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Maggard Limes & Bergamot today. 20 seconds to load the Maggard 2-Band Badger brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette “Spoiler” SS still in the Gillette Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with YSL Country Club Classic Fougere aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Handsome razor, Russ. How does the Apollo stack up against your Gillettes?

Patti

Thank you for the kind words. Used the SB plate and would say it's on the mild side. Very good shave but still want to use the OC before passing final judgement.

I give, which razor did you use?

Haha, I just two minutes ago sent you a PM about my new razor. But in case anyone else is interested, it is a vintage Swedish razor called a Swing. Brown bakelite handle. Feels great and shaves darn close.

That is a Super Cool handle. What is it?

Thank you, sir. Yes, I had been looking for the vintage Swing for a while but — because the handle is bakelite — many of them are not in good condition. And -- because it is Swedish — not a lot of them pop up around here. Finally got lucky and glad I persisted. It was worth the wait.

Patti

Thank you, sir. Yes, I had been looking for the vintage Swing for a while but — because the handle is bakelite — many of them are not in good condition. And -- because it is Swedish — not a lot of them pop up around here. Finally got lucky and glad I persisted. It was worth the wait.

Patti
Thats nice, congrats!

SOTD
Head and face

Timeless Titanium .95 OC/Scalloped
Astra SP x2
Simpson's Chubby 2 Synthetic
SV Beta 4.3 Colonia
Captain's Choice bowl
20190511_115159.jpg
20190511_132716.jpg

Pre-Shave: Coconut Oil
Lather: Cella
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Gillette New Improved / Treet Carbon
Witch Hazel + Tea Tree Oil
Balm: Nivea Sensitive:
Cologne: Akcay Tobacco
IMG_1805 (2).JPG

Music: Frank Zappa and the Mothers Of Invention 'One Size Fits All' (1975)
IMG_1810 (2).JPG
Of all the Pre-Shave products I've tried, Coconut Oil (sold for cooking purposes), is far and away the best so far. Prepares both skin and stubble beautifully, doesn't impede lathering, is reputed to have many medicinal and nutrient properties and cost me only £2.75p for a 500ml tub.
The Treet Carbon ('Black Beauty') blade is one that many people don't get along with; in fact I've swapped it out mid-shave in other razors as it's tugged horribly. In the New Improved razor though, and (for me thus far) only in this razor, it works an absolute ...errr.. treat. Smooth, mild and gives a good close shave with no irritation at all. (Only good for one shave though.)
The Akcay Tobacco cologne is also worth a mention; the fragrance is tobacco leaf rather than tobacco flower, kinda sweet musk, it's very nice.* My local Turkish grocery store here in Bristol (UK) sells it at £3.99p for a 275ml bottle. Now it's maybe not in the same league as Tom Ford's Tobacco Cologne but Hey, we're in the real world here.

*Sorry for the short measure of descriptive prose here but I'm (evidently) not a competent reviewer, so 'it's very nice' will have to do.
Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend.
Brent.

Tallow + Steel | Dark Two
Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Hallows | AP Shave Co. SilkSmoke 28mm
Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom