Sotd 10th May 2020: A Sunday worthy shave

sots10052020.jpg

EJ316
MCD Original
Simpsons Wee Scot
Extro Sandalwood + Haslinger Sandalwood
Wilkinson blade
WTG+XGT

What a fantastic blade is that! Like it was born to fit to EJ316, the most comfortable shave I had with this razor out of all the blades I've tried so far.

Sun 10th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Euromax Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Colonel Conk Soap is an unexpected and surprisingly good lather and slick too. The brush is excellent for face lather. Slowly adding water & working the bristles results in a satisfying lather. Scent was mild though sweet in taste.
Shave with razor and blade was a good combo. Comfortable passes and easy to find angles.
This razor is really underrated. Solid in hand, feel good in face, mid aggression & easy to manoeuvre.
Anyway, nice enough shave, 3 multiple pass with a small buffing on neck and able to get between BBS to DFS result. Some irritation though so rating today is 9/10
20200510_104419.jpg

20200510_110430.jpg

E7CF5FCB-7C06-41ED-B313-8BCD7DCEE3BE.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MAY 10, 2020

It’s a beautiful sunny, but cold day here in the Philly suburbs. It’s day two with the newly acquired Ronson Safety Razor. Since it’s single edge Sunday, it’s more than appropriate for me to continue my Ronson shave journey. Today my focus is on the dome, since I experienced two minor set down errors there during yesterday’s shave. The Ronson performed beautifully on my mug during that shave, but it’s the noggin that’s my focus today.

The Ronson weighs in at roughly 78 grams and most of that weight is concentrated in the head. The 2 5/8” handle is shorter than I’m used to, and yesterday I shaved with my grip just below the oversized head on this razor. That grip worked beautifully on the mug, but not so much on the dome. So today I tried gripping the end of the handle, which is the way I shave the dome with my Gems.

After my shower and iced water rinse, I whipped up a generous, thick and shiny lather with my Alpha Shaving 26mm two band badger T-400 Tribute brush. The Fine Snake Bite lather was surprisingly slick and delightfully cooling on both face and head. The new grip took a bit of getting used to, but worked beautifully in letting the weighty head of this razor do the shaving work on the dome. I gripped the razor just below the head as I do yesterday for the mug scrape.

The change-up worked well on the noggin. That sharp Schick Proline Injector blade mowed through the stubble with the new adjusted grip like a broom through dust, sweeping everything cleanly away. I found that the key to success was short careful strokes which worked particularly well ATG on the back of the dome. Bending forward over the sink allowed the razor head’s weight to do the job bloodlessly for the most part. I did reopen yesterday’s nick on the back of the dome, but only because I purposefully overshaved that area. Great shave overall, BBS on the face and DFS+++ on the dome. Another two pass(WTG, ATG) shave leaving me feeling clean, cool, smooth and ready to face the day.

RAZOR: Ronson Safety Razor
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Ice water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 26mm Two Band Badger Knot
SOAP: Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite
POSTSHAVE: Iced water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Pre: Hot Towel
Razor: RAW RS-10 Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Valobra Cologne
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

View attachment 1098083
One of the nicest razors Man has ever made IMO and they had some neat innovation's with wearable pre-lube inserts inside their razor(certain models only), their presentation box it comes in is just stellar. They were aiming their high end models for well to do folks if I remember correctly. Very nice to see it being used.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, May 19th 2020

Razor: Schick injector J1 model- Mfg 1957-64
Blade : Personna injectorSS PTFE (1) very nice blade for sharpness and longevity and smooths out after a few shaves.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" I like the scent with good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm with brown whiskers- a great big brush to use with soft tips that I enjoy to use.
Pre-shave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + clean up.
Post shave: Razorock "The Dead Sea" aftershave with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea men sensitive balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritaton + no weepers= :a17: great shave with my Schick injector J1.

Sunday Schick  shave May 10th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom