What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 3rd - May 9th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Mon 3rd SE SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor GEM Clog Pruf
Blade GEM Stainless 7th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Proraso Green Splash
Excellent soap choice for a hot humid day. Very nice cooling and fizzy pineapple scent. The lather was thickly creamy and very slick.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was smooth and comfortable in general except for the atg pass on the upper lips. Still managed 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Further cooling from the aftershaves was awesome.
20210503_090132.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Monday 3rd May 2021

8E246A4B-D992-4CAE-A7E4-CA3BB3C34D47.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapNoble Otter Barrbarr , USA 🇺🇸
BrushYaqi Sagrada Badger 22mm, China 🇨🇳
RazorWolfman WR2 1.05, Canada 🇨🇦
BladePersonna Super, USA 🇺🇸
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Nivea Balm Germany 🇩🇪
FragranceCostume National Homme, Italy 🇮🇹
Rating8/10

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
F7A4AB0B-C4C1-487B-9924-E75F843CC2AE.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Italy: Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
MONDAY ‌05/03/21 SOTD
PRE: TOBS Herbal‌ ‌Pre-Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: Above The Tie Windsor Pro
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Maggard Blue Resin 2-Band Badger
SOAP: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie

proxy.php

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
MONDAY
3 May, 2021

______

Brush: H.I.S 25mm synth
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Stirling "Coconut Lime"
Razor: RR "Lupo" .72
Blade: Silver Star
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Ferrari "Scuderia" Red
Nothing beats a good wet shave
while listening to big band music.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

Monday, May 3, 2021

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Superspeed Red Tip (C4, 1957)
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Creed Aventus
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

IMG_0422.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: Yaqi Raster AC
Blade: Kai Captain Protouch MG 2nd use
Brush: Omega Black Hi-Brush
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: DFS+

A pleasant DFS+ shave. I was not sure how I will like an AC blade but it works as nice and easy as an Injector. This razor despite the suboptimal materials (Zamak head), design/copyright issues (Blackland flat post) and uncomfortable stock handle shaves well. I replaced the long and slippery brass handle with a stainless steel G&F that fits. Nevertheless due to the soft Zamak the handle thread has already bitten a tiny bit into the post. For future use I will keep the blade in and only unscrew the head for a blade change. This item will not stand the test of time as good as an all brass or SS razor. I like the concept though and will save some pennies to fund a Blackland Vector (OC?) once it is again available in Europe.

On another note that Avon Spicy is good stuff, so if OS once smelled like this than the current OS version is really a poor reminisence of glories past.

If anyone can recomend some AC blade to try out I'm happy to receive suggestions.

I
View attachment 1261414
Pre:-
Razor: Yaqi Raster AC
Blade: Kai Captain Protouch MG 2nd use
Brush: Omega Black Hi-Brush
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: DFS+

A pleasant DFS+ shave. I was not sure how I will like an AC blade but it works as nice and easy as an Injector. This razor despite the suboptimal materials (Zamak head), design/copyright issues (Blackland flat post) and uncomfortable stock handle shaves well. I replaced the long and slippery brass handle with a stainless steel G&F that fits. Nevertheless due to the soft Zamak the handle thread has already bitten a tiny bit into the post. For future use I will keep the blade in and only unscrew the head for a blade change. This item will not stand the test of time as good as an all brass or SS razor. I like the concept though and will save some pennies to fund a Blackland Vector (OC?) once it is again available in Europe.

On another note that Avon Spicy is good stuff, so if OS once smelled like this than the current OS version is really a poor reminisence of glories past.

If anyone can recomend some AC blade to try out I'm happy to receive suggestions.
I really like Kai Captain Mild, a bit on the smooth side but they last a very long time. Daily use is very nice with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom