SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 31st - June 6th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Pre: Hot Shower
Lather: #firstuse of HC&C Bay Rum
Razor: Kai Beauty eyebrow razor

#firstuse of this or any other scented HC&C soap (if you don't count White Star). Superb performance and a nice spicy bay rum scent. I loaded the brush from the tub and face lathered. A ten second brush load (after blooming the soap for ~30 sec) produced enough lather for two shaves.

20210603_003306.jpg

Very nice!! How's the shave with it compared to your plate C SB? Any difference?
This OC seems a little more efficient. True confession. I don't have the experience of OC's being aggressive just because they're an OC. I have some mild OC's. I find both of these C plates to be on the mild side but so smooth I can do 4 passes without leaving myself with lobster face. I can go ATG with both on the bottom band of my neck. That's unusual for me. I like them a lot.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
786E1B35-23CE-42F7-907B-83D40CA169D1.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Germany: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Lotion.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Friday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Weber/TiBam New York 90mm
Blade: Tomac Super Stainless Steel (D5)
Brush: Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Manchurian HMW 26mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Oil: Saponificio Varesino
Shave Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary

Fri 4 SOTD
Soap CBL Peanut Butter
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Lather from the soap just able to do the job. Very light scent and just enough slickness...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was just ok too. Good enough in 3passes for a dfs++ result with 1 minor weeper. Blade did not feel as smooth nor efficient. Aftershaves were good.
20210603_202103.jpg
20210604_093420.jpg

Razor: Timeless .68 Titanium Open Comb
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (6)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Neptune Hurricane” with 26mm Thäter 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Soap* and Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Diamond (Soft Heart)
* Added 9 drops of Barrister and Mann Terrorade Cooling Additive to the lather

59E48AFE-4C41-4953-BC04-283004A5A313.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: Progress @5+
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp Carbon 2nd use
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Bulb D01-Two Band in jade
Soap: SMdF
Result: BBS, no nicks, weepers or irritations

Such a great soap scent and performance I wonder if the original Novella could even be any better? This shave is part of the High Efficiency series by @never-stop-learning. So I cranked up the Progress to 5+ and had an excellent, crisp and blade forward shave. I'm very impressed by the Treet blade originally thinking that they could only be subpar to SS products. Next shave will be the R41 paired with a Treet Black Beauty.

Friday morning

Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 best badger faux emerald
Razor: Timeless titanium .68 base plate
Blade: Astra (3)
Aftershave: Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime
Cologne: Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime

This scent is aptly named. It’s both an aquatic and a lime. And a hint of pepper. I’m not a big fan of our US artisinal soaps in terms of performance, and this one performed as I had expected: a bit thick, a bit gooey , and an ethereal lather that disappeared from the brush between first and second passes. Next time I’ll try more product, bit I did load for 30 seconds. I find this to be such a common occurrence with artisinal tallow soaps. Still, this line is a winner. The best lime fragrance I’ve found to date.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
FRIDAY
4 June, 2021

______

Pre: Noxzema
Brush: H.I.S Synth
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: TOBS "Grapefruit" cream
Razor: Feather "AS-D2"
Blade: Derby "Premium"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Caron "Pour un Homme"
What could make for a better shave
than Ella in the background singing
"Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered?"

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

778D6820-7B0C-4B62-8769-FC90349CF385.png

SOTD FRIDAY, JUNE 4, 2021

There’s no question in my mind; I’ve become an unabashed Victor Creazzi fanboy! I've always liked smaller straight razors. And after the marvelous shaves his ‘Bone Mosaic’ straight razor delivered, I decided to acquire a second of his “Fancy” modified SanMai-constructed pattern-welded Damascus beauties. I ordered the razor he’d advertised as a ‘shorty’ because as I stated earlier, I really like shorter blades, however, I disliked the acrylic scales displayed with it, and instead ordered a set of Victor’s homemade “Mycarta” blue scales which I really like. It arrived a day early, so I elected to shave with it today.

This little Creazzi straight razor feels extremely well balanced in hand, and like its predecessor is masterfully honed. It easily swept away my mug whiskers in three slow luxurious passes. The final toe down pass cleaned up my scraggly “old man” neck effortlessly leaving me smooth and clean. The scales are beautiful and nicely compliment the gorgeous blade they enclose. Victor Creazzi is a true master of his craft, and I know anyone acquiring one of his razors will be well-served with the superb shave they deliver. His monosteel (ie non pattern-welded) razors are gorgeous as well. My dome shave featured my LaResche 51, which delivered its usual excellent two pass result. I feel clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi ‘Shorty’ 7/8 (Mug), LaResche 51 (Dome)
BLADE: Polsilver DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle fitted with 24mm SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom