What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 31st - June 6th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Monday 31st May 2021
A7014000-8816-44F0-A467-DBD32D42FF4C.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA Cavendish, USA 🇺🇸
BrushYaqi Sagrada Badger 22, China 🇨🇳
RazorGamechanger .84, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeGSB, Russia 🇷🇺
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceSquadron Soap Warden, Australia 🇦🇺
Rating8.5/10

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
78AC154A-93AB-46FB-92A7-0ADF95C2793A.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Italy: Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Italy: Aftershave Balm Proraso Aftershave Balm.
6) Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 31 SOTD (Yay...Returning Home-Last Day in Quarantine)
Soap Stirling Hipster
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Yaqi Mellon COB
Blade Wetell Super Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Abysso
Stirling Soaps are just terrific! Nice scent and the lather quality is just so good...so creamy and slick...awesome!
Shave with this long-ignored razor paired with the blade was just great! Audibly crisp, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Should have used this razor more. Aftershaves were excellent as usual.
20210531_103949.jpg

Mon 31 SOTD (Yay...Returning Home-Last Day in Quarantine)
Soap Stirling Hipster
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Yaqi Mellon COB
Blade Wetell Super Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Alum + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Abysso
Stirling Soaps are just terrific! Nice scent and the lather quality is just so good...so creamy and slick...awesome!
Shave with this long-ignored razor paired with the blade was just great! Audibly crisp, smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Should have used this razor more. Aftershaves were excellent as usual.
View attachment 1274682
Totally agree on the Stirling soaps. They're priced so reasonably also.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

IMG_0455.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: Progress
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super 6th use - retired
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: BBS

@ivan_101 asked me if I would prefer a Gillette Slim/Fatboy over the Progress and the answer is a clear NO :c9:
While I always think that the handle of the Progress is a bit too slippery in reality it isn't at all. Also the efficiency even on 3 is phenomenal. I will spend the rest of the week using the Progress and fooling around with the settings as well as doing a final comparison to the Slim and Fatboy. One of those two will be rotated out to make room for my new Red Tip that is currently in transit from the States.

Memorial Day
Pre-shave: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser /Tomb 45 Shave Gel
Razor: RazoRock GameChanger .84P
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Cucumber Witch Hazel/Vi-Jon Spice
Balm: Port Products Balancing Daily Moisturizer

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Amare
Brush
Graydog Syn Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
My Memorial Day Shave. Honoring those in the military who made the ultimate sacrifice. The GD Amare has, according to my wife, a “delightful scent.” It is a fine soap performance-wise, too. I am in the process of paring down some razors and the Mergress was on the possible list – until now. I have gotten some excellent shaves – smooth and close – with it and I will try another blade in it tomorrow. My objective is to limit my den to one of two DEs in each category and the adjustable category is filled by a Slim, FB, Rockwell S, and Mergress.

Monday:

Preshave: Pearl
Razor: Weishi Butterfly 9306 Matte Black w/ Treet 7 Days #4
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Lemon Chill
Brush: Semogue 620
Aftershave: Matas Men (E-Vitamin, Algae Extract & Menthol)
Perfume: Success De Paris Fujiyama Homme

SOTD Maj 31.jpg

Have a nice day / evening, gentlemen, and gentletts :)

Feeling sharp is a state of mind. Looking sharp takes work.

Last edited:
Normal (N) settings for both the aluminum Gibbs and the Heritage, 2nd use Feathers. Again more blade is felt with the Gibbs, and the lightweight model had more trouble ATG on the moustache and chin than the Heritage which was smooth and serviceable in its efficiency on the beard. As expected I wanted another razor for pick-ups on my head shave, today the 1913 Vector aka the Mark Cross.

Very much enjoyed the Heritage today. Lose the annoying dial + handle adjustment and it's really a fine razor for most folks for whom the geometry meets their needs.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday. May 31st, 2021, Memorial long weekend.

Razor: Gem Jr parade 1912 with baton handle- Mfg 1943, nice mid range, I like this handle a lot, care free shave this morning.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- Unique scent + excellent lather qualities, one of my best favorite soaps any time of the year.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm H.M 2band badger- Excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips with a nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Gem parade 1912 with a coated GEM blade.
GEMonday, May31st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom