What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 31st - June 6th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 6th June 2021.

View attachment 1277447

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather : Cella Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Voskhod T.C. 'Snapped in 1/2'. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lidl Cien Sensitive ASB./Milton-Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

A very humble eclectic pre-birthday shave set up with inexpensive new & old shaving assortments which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing. Today yet again was no exception...The Cien ASB & M-L President EdT are birthday pressies from the family& friends, along with 2 bottles of Lidl Cien ASL (X-bolt & Aqua)+ a bottle of the new Nivea Men 'Fresh Kick ASB which i will try out with my future SOTD set ups.

An effortless 2 pass + pick ups comfortable pre-birthday silky smooth shave with no errors to report...The Katana is such a smooth efficient shaver...Finishing the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎
Happy Birthday.

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Amare
Brush
B&B LE 201 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2 SB
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
This was my second B&B LE brush. It was made by Rudy Vey and has a Shavemac D01 two band knot in it. I love the shape of the handle. The brush is an excellent performer. My third shave with the Wolfman and Med Prep blade. An exceptionally smooth and close shave. Have a great day, gents.

View attachment 1277447

Pre:
Bowl Lather.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Lidl Cien Sensitive ASB./Milton-Lloyd President EdT.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

A very humble eclectic pre-birthday shave set up with inexpensive new & old shaving assortments which have gave me superb shaving results with each and every outing. Today yet again was no exception...The Cien ASB & M-L President EdT are birthday pressies from the family& friends, along with 2 bottles of Lidl Cien ASL (X-bolt & Aqua)+ a bottle of the new Nivea Men 'Fresh Kick ASB which i will try out with my future SOTD set ups.

An effortless 2 pass + pick ups comfortable pre-birthday silky smooth shave with no errors to report...The Katana is such a smooth efficient shaver...Finishing the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd President EdT to the pulse points.

Happy 'Preemptive' Birthday @bazza1

20210606_121020-01.jpeg
SOTD #156/2021
06-06-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Triumph
Razor: Mühle R108
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Triumph AS.

Enjoy your Sunday shaves, y'all!

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh

View attachment 1277447

Pre:
Bowl Lather.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

giphy (7).gif

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

View attachment 1277447

Pre:
Bowl Lather.

Greetings,

Sunday morning shave.

And the happiest of birthdays to you!

6CA8223E-3821-4838-A8A0-83202808887D.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: R41 on Ikon Tuckaway
Blade: Treet Black Beauty 1st use
Brush: Semogue Mistura Finest Butterscotch
Cream: Proraso Azur Lime
Result: DFS+

First pass with the Black Beauty was a bit tuggy, 2&3 we’re ok but not as smooth as the Dura Sharp in the Progress. Let’s see where this leads in the next shaves. I also had my first shave with the Azur Lime today and it worked as good or even better than the standard Proraso creams. The scent was bit disappointing though. Right from the tube you get a whiff of lime but once lathered it is pretty much your generic aquatic/sporty/freshness and not much else. I’m still not a fan of balms missing the alcohol sting and fearing sticky residue on my face but this one is quite ok. No stickiness and a smooth face feel, no nicks, cuts or irritations so overall a damn fine shave.

Salute!

- Simplex three-piece military razor circa 1942-44. The razors were procured by the Chief Quartermaster of the European Theater of Operations during WW II - Stock No. 29-R-1035. The razor cap is metal, base plate and handle plastic. Mfg by the Federal Razor Blade Co. of New York. Razor weight 0.94 oz.

NOTE: One of the smoothest shavers in my collection. Amazing.
DDAYSHAVESIMPLEX.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom