What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 25th - May 31st, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD Sunday 5.31.20
Pre: Hot Water Splash
Soap: Grooming Dept. Maleki (Thanks Dan!)
Brush: M&F 26 mm Finest Badger (Thanks Jonjo!)
Razor: Paradigm II Ti (Thanks Keith!)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SP Black (1)

Result: A close comfortable relaxing shave.

With a new Gillette SP, the Paradigm Ti-II can smoothly and easily produce BBS, but I took it easy today since I was out in the sun yesterday. WTG w/ minor touch ups. The Maleki has a nice masculine scent and produces a good lather with enough slick and cushion to proceed without worry. The M&F is a real favorite at this point. It was much used already when I bought it used, and it feels like it’s just getting started. It’s a 26mm knot but this knot “punches way above its weight” when you get the mix right and the soap starts exploding. The brush literally produces a three-lane highway of slick with a single swipe. Gadzooks, my face is just too small for this brush. (Smiling seems to help with this “problem”). The Nivea cooling balm gets ‘er done, moisturizing and soothing w/o excessive scent. Just a great shave on a Sunday! Happy shaves to all.

Attachments

• 1F7E4A8A-AFAE-4B96-AC32-CD1123088D08.jpeg
    1F7E4A8A-AFAE-4B96-AC32-CD1123088D08.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Spicy Sunday Shave;
  • Haircut and Shave Co N75
  • Astor (1)
  • Stirling Soap's Spice
  • VDH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Zenith Boar
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Old Spice AS
  • Old Spice EdC
  • Stirling Soap's Spice ASB
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Old Spice Classic Deo
  • Clubman Firm Hold Pomade
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
[IMG]

[IMG]

Parker Variant razor
Derby Premium blade (1)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
CRSW Fougere Moderne soap
Nathan Clark/Envy Shave custom OSU Ubersoft synthetic brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man aftershave

It was a really smooth first shave with this blade. I didn't previously have great experiences with the Derby Extra, so we'll see how this goes.
IMG_20200601_080351996.jpg

How's the scent of 42?
Mine just arrived, and my wife, daughter and I all like it a lot. Floral, I can pick up the tea and lemon but with a resinous earthiness reminiscent of some of the sweeter frankincense blends I've encountered. That must be from the ambergris (although I doubt it's the real thing, federal laws and all). Who'd have thought a Vogon could smell so good?

I dig the matching towel too. Great touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom