Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Euromax Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
PAA Cavendish Splash
One of my top soap...terrific scent. Another nice face lathering result..creamily thick and slick. The brush is very good...soft, backbone and can splay nicely. Shave with razor paired with blade was ok. Did not feel as smooth and resulted with some weepers. 3 multiple passes and managed between BBS to DFS with a 8/10 rating.
Great post shave feel with the Hyaluronic Acid and top-off with Cavendish splash which lasted for 5+hrs.
20200529_080001.jpg

20200529_085102.jpg

73A0A484-9377-4927-AD33-3E199EEADC84.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2020

My shave with this new-to-me SS Supply V2 razor yesterday checked all the boxes. While not enamored of the injector blades that arrived with the razor, one of my Schick Proline blades resolved that issue. I did notice that my stubble today seemed a bit longer?/rougher?. With that in mind, along with some inspiration from one of my FB friends, Russell, from down under, I decided to modify a Feather Super AC blade by cutting it down with my metal nipper to fit this razor. I was able to use a needle nose pliers to hold the modified blade against the three dot plate, since I couldn’t use the keyed magazine method with this very sharp blade as I screwed the plate into place.

The weight of this razor along with its heft feels great in the hand. Software is again the wonderful M-Bomb enhanced Nancy Boy Signature Shave cream and Gel AS. Since I’ve been using it, my skin feels great, both pre and post shave. My brush today is the first of three brushes I acquired from Jayaruh, #343. Jim Roe’s brushes all look great and function beautifully. This little synthetic has great backbone, while at the same time feels soft against your skin, like a well-broken-in Boar. A little almond sized amount of this spectacular cream whipped up a voluminous, thick, yogurty lather sufficient for 4 or 5 passes. The modified Feather Super buoyed by the weight of the razor easily swept away 95% of the stubble using short, pendular weightless strokes in that first WTG pass.

The blade was delightfully sharp and smooth as it did it’s work. So much so that it felt like it wasn’t even cutting until I rinsed the razor every few strokes and saw proof of its efficiency. Pass #2 (ATG), if you could call it that, really only consisted of some selective buffing in my two two regular problem areas, around my Adam’s Apple and the weird indentation/valley-like groove on the top of the back of my dome. Afterwards it was a smooth velveteen scene on both mug and noggin. This is an awesome shaver, and with this cut-down Feather Super almost magically supernatural. I feel cool, velveteen clean and refreshed with this amazing VBBS. Given how smooth the shave was, it’ll be interesting to compare tomorrow morning’s stubble to this morning’s.

RAZOR: Supply SS V2
BLADE: Modified Feather Super AC
Prep: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Synthetic #343
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature enhanced w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature Scent AS Gel.

Friday, 5/29:

20200529_092323.jpg

Razor - Above the Tie Windsor SE1
Blade - Feather ProGuard
Brush - Craving Shaving "Woodstock" 26mm Duro
Soap - Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

Man do I love a good Duro knot! Absolutely outstanding for face lathering. It's just so good. In a CS handle, man... In short order it developed a fantastic shiny, creamy lather. B&M soaps always just lather so well: white label, Reserve, Excelsior, doesn't matter. Went into the shave with the Atlas handle on the SE1 head to add better control and used my newfound approach on my neck. It worked pretty well to a degree; I was left with very smooth results with minimal passes. The problem is that the SE1 head is so heavy that the weight overwhelms the Atlas, making it hard to control on my neck area, which made it difficult to take smooth, clean strokes. It left me with some irritation during the shave, but afterwards it had subsided and I was actually left with an incredibly close shave. It's a shame: the razor gives me fantastic results, but it's too difficult for me to wrangle and really enjoy using. But hey, the shave was mostly very good, so I can't complain too much.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, May 29th 2020

Razor: Gem Micromatic flying wing, MMBT, Guiding eye.....-MFG 1947-50
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) - Great blade characteristics all the way around, sharpness, longevity & smoothness after a couple of shaves.
Soap: Colonel Conk bayrum- I enjoy using this soap.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers(Mew) 26 mm- very packed whiskers with soft tips & back bone, excellent Brush IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great shave with my Gem MMBT.

SOTD, Fri, May 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
FRIDAY, 29 May 2020

Lather: TOBS Grapefruit cream
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket synth
Bowl: Silicone dog feeder
Razor: Mamba 70
Blade: Nacet (4)
Balm: CeraVe
Frag: Lacoste White
As the temperature climbs,
the need for some grapefruit refreshment builds.
TOBS does not disappoint! (Though next time,
I'll likely stir in some PAA Chell for added zing.)

Stay healthy, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom