What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 25th - May 31st, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1106172
SOTD THURSDAY, MAY 28, 2020

Today’s shave features a newly acquired SS Supply V2 razor. I traded one of my two Paul Revere International Silver Type L injectors for it. It came with three adjustable heads, a plastic injector blade magazine, and a stainless steel razor holder. I quickly discovered the fresh supply blade from the Supply Injector magazine was quite tuggy. I substituted a Schick B-20 Proline Blade. I then swapped out the two dot moderate head for the three dot aggressive after the first few strokes of my shave. I continued with the Nancy Boy Signature shave cream and Cooling Balm. The brush for today’s shave was my trusty Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute brush with the 24mm hybrid Badger/Boat knot ferrule.

The first few shaves with a new razor are generally part of what most wet shavers refer to as the “dialing in” process. In this case there really wasn’t much “dialing in” required. A friend who owns three versions of this razor stated that it didn’t shave like his other injector razors. That hasn’t been my experience. Shaving with the Supply felt quite similar to a shave with my E, G, or L Type injectors. And this shave went swimmingly well. I’m definitely not a fan of the Supply injector blades that came with the trade. I have thick ‘old man’ whiskers that didn’t do well with the latter blades. After my cold water rinse and lather application it was clear in the first few strokes that the average or two dot head was too mild and was cutting as closely as I like. The three dot “aggressive” head in conjunction with the Proline injector blade were just what the doctor ordered!

The Supply razor shaved beautifully mowing my whiskers right down to the skin line in the first WTG pass. I would equate the shave to that delivered by my R41, only without needing to attend to the shave process as I do with the Muhle razor. The second ATG pass really only consisted of some selected buffing in the usual problem areas. I must confess that I really like this razor. It shaved both mug and noggin effortlessly. It weighs in at approximately 105 grams, and is heavy enough that it feels like one is just sweeping the lather away. I really like this razor. My friend at TSD who enabled this acquisition through his gorgeous photography and rave reviews of his three versions of the razor can know that it’s not three strikes and out. It was a no go for the OneBlade and the Broman, both of which shaved well for him. I was never able to get a decent shave from either of the latter two razors, but the Supply V2 SS is an entirely different story, home run all the way.

Achieving a velveteen BBS with a brand new razor is quite rare for me. I’ll be shaving with this razor for the next few days! I just ordered an alloy version of the razor for my youngest son, Sam, currently recovering from Covid19. He is currently shaving with an E Type and enjoying it. I know he’ll like this razor. What’s even more impressive is that an alum check revealed no heat anywhere. I feel clean, velveteen smooth, cool and refreshed.

RAZOR: Supply V2 SS
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute Brush fitted with 24mm Hybrid Knot Ferrule
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Nancy Boy Signature Scent Cooling AS Gel.
Wishing your son a speedy recovery from Covid-19. God Bless. Stay healthy & safe! Wonderful review as always.

Wolfman Guerrilla
Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Semogue Owners Club Boar
Murphy & McNeil Cliffs of Moher
Thayers Cucumber WH
Floid Mentolado Suave Aftershave
0DFF0EA3-DC39-4BF0-BCAE-F29DD3EAF32D.jpeg

Freedom Friday Vintage Williams Shave Soap Shave;
  • @Blackland Razors Blackbird SS (OC/SB)
  • Concord (4)
  • Alpha Shaving Outlaw Boar
  • Vintage Williams Mug Shaving Soap
  • Bicentennial Pewter Mug
  • VDH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Williams Aqua Velva (Eur Ver) AS
  • Williams Aqua Velva (Eur Ver) ASB
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Gillette Cool Wave Deo
  • Blu EdP
  • Clubman Firm Hold Pomade
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
[IMG]

[IMG]

Soap : Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux – 88 Chestnut Street
SotD : 29-05--2020
Razor : Vikings Blade
Blade : Treet – Platinum (4 )
Brush : Omega - EVO Silvertip fibre - Special Veteran
Aftershave splash: Chatillon Lux – 88 Chestnut Street
Aftershave toner : Chatillon Lux – 88 Chestnut Street
Eau de Cologne : Chatillon Lux – 88 Chestnut Street
Instagram : Shavingexperience

DSC_0057-02.jpeg

361E2471-EE96-45CF-972E-5468D9F6E46F.jpeg

Soap: Raso Zero Agrumella
Brush: Simpson Synthetic
Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Aftershave: Razorock King Louis Lavender

Well that’s it’s folks!!!!!! Emptied the last of my aftershave today, oddly enough I had just the perfect amount left, I love it when it comes together like that.

I ordered a bottle mikes natural soap Hungarian Lavender yesterday. I’m one of those guys that just has to have a lavender soap and or aftershave in my rotation.

Cheers and happy Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom