What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 25th - May 31st, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the scent of 42?
An excerpt from my impressions several years ago:

"...42, Barrister and Mann's homage to Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, didn't disappoint. Like most B&M soaps, 42 has a complex scent, but is anything but complicated. This is a bright, clean scent that's coming along at the right time. While 42 could be enjoyed anytime, the warmer seasons are quite fitting.

With only a few swirls of the damp HMW knot, the puck quickly released a light, fresh lemony scent. There was a slight effervescence, but not that of acidic lemon. Rather it was more akin to alcohol, but without the chemical sharpness. That note seemed to ride a line with an interesting earthy note that provided some carriage to the lemon, lending a bit of warm beach sand in which the salt in the beach air is substituted with confectioner's sugar. This sustained sweetness is almost tasted as it reaches the farthest region of the nasal passages and lingers at the distal soft palate. The lemon sugar notes reminded me of B&M's Winter seasonal "Dickens". The scent continued to unfold throughout the 3 passes. There were wafting highlights of what I initially interpreted as bergamot, but I finally settled on tea. My primary association with tea is specifically Earl Grey tea which is just a black tea that's been infused with bergamot oil. The citrus and tea notes combined in my head as bergamot. While bergamot is closer to orange than lemon, the combination imperfectly reminded me of Earl Grey nonetheless. Interestingly, the tea notes don't linger, but instead wisp in and out.

The matching splash leaves the usual silky smooth feeling. Initially, I noted a blatant but delightful lemon sugar cookie scent, but it dried down to accurately reproduce the soap's notes with the tea continuing to waft in and out in a peculiar but charming manner.

I look forward to revisiting this combination soon. In the fashion of the story that influenced it, 42 manages to impart a light enjoyable scent, relating a complex tale you don't feel burdened to understand, but rather accept and enjoy the ride..."

Monday 25 May 2020
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Fresh GSB..1st use
Pre-Shave: Bloom water
Shaving soap: D R Harris Windsor
Aftershave: D R Harris Windsor

Mighty good shave as well
B71E4AEA-4BDE-486E-B1A0-8F92C2F2D4D3.jpeg

Razor: Parker SRW​
Blade: Shark Super Stainless​
Pre: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter.​
Brush: Elite Razor Spalted Maple handle / Full Moon Synthetic​
Soap: Williams Shave​
After Shave: Proraso Blue Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
Single pass shave with a little cleanup....​

Tuesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor Schick Type F
Blade: Schick Injector (D2)
Brush: 2011 Semogue Finest Bristle 2
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Mikes Bay Rum
Butter: Stirling's Bay Rum
Aftershave: St Johns Bay Rum

Today's Full Brut Shave;
  • Razorock GC 84 (Jaws, OC, and SB)
  • Personna Lab Blue (4)
  • PAA Et Tu Shave Soap
  • VdH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Zenith Manchurian
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Brut AS (USA)
  • Brut Splash On (USA)
  • Brut EdT (Eur)
  • Brut Antiperspirant Deodorant (USA)
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
  • Clubman Firm Hold Pomade
[IMG]

[IMG]

SOTD : 26th May 2020.

19.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Wilkinson Sword Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated .(3)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

I'm carrying on with the cold water shaves which are a wonderful wake up for your face sensors, & a great tonic for your skin.

It's been a while since i last used my parker 55SL and forgot how good of a smooth shave this razor gives.

I now have three slant de razors in my humble de razor collection for overall performance, smoothness & efficiency the Parker Semi-Slant 55SL is fastly becoming my favourite, it's rewarded me with some of the best comfortable shaves i've had to date. Today was no exception.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Pre: Hot towel
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG_6891.jpg

Tue 26th SOTD
Cream Suezbana Aloe Vera & Lavender
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor QShave Adjustable
Blade SuperMax Vidyut SS 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Aqua Velva Musk
Nice lather. Beautiful scent, creamily thick and slick. Brush feels good on face.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Comfortable 3 multiple pass shave using Setting 6, 5 & 4 progression. No weepers nor irritation. BBS to DFS results. 9/10!
20200526_112919.jpg

20200526_120441.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom