Razor: Merkur Progress (3, 3, 2.5)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Starcraft 24mm Roswell Hybrid Brush
Pre-Shave: Shower
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving Fougere
Additional Care:
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Tuesday
proxy.php

New products day (thanks to Bullgoose & Brad Sears!)

Pre- Shower, cold water and Nivea face wash
Brush- M&F L7 Finest (New)
Soap & AS- SV 70th Anniversary (new)
Razor- Rex Ambassador (new)
Blade- Gillette platinum
Post- Thayers, AS then Nivea post balm

Wow! Great shave! The brush was fantastic! Easy to load, soft tips and did not hog the lather! My first Fan knot and I loved it! Again thanks Brad and crew for everything!

Soap was very smooth and slick. Very easy to lather and loved the scent! Matching AS was great as well!

Rex Ambassador- had heard it was on the aggressive side but it did great! Solid craftsmanship, easy to adjust and smooooth on the skin! Was able to dial it in for my preferences quickly!

All great buys! Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuesday
proxy.php

Blade- Gillette platinum

Wow! Great shave! The brush was fantastic! Easy to load, soft tips and did not hog the lather! My first Fan knot and I loved it! Again thanks Brad and crew for everything!

Soap was very smooth and slick. Very easy to lather and loved the scent! Matching AS was great as well!

Rex Ambassador- had heard it was on the aggressive side but it did great! Solid craftsmanship, easy to adjust and smooooth on the skin! Was able to dial it in for my preferences quickly!

Great setup! What settings did you use on the Rex?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, May25th 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene OC- Mfg 1912-15 for the O.C, excellent razor, soft mid range, this razor really started the Gem razor Mfg in the right direction, after decades of only a few improvements they sold millions of different variants. Very enjoyable shave.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Tabac- nice mild clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi High mountain silvertip badger 24 mm, makes some of the best lather, not a lather hog, soft tips with a just a gleamier of prickliness that changes from more use, great scrub + great lather painter. Very impressed with this badger brush + no funk.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm,
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 chin weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene 1912-15 the real McCoy with a coated Gem blade.

DE SOTD, May 25th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

Today is
TUESDAY
25 May, 2021

______

Gel: Elegance Plus "Jupiter"
Razor: Oristo
Blade: Derby "Premium"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Lalique "Encre Noire a L'Extreme"
Much to do before the long
weekend besides packing.
Installing a dead bolt now . . .
and that's just for openers.
Hence I opted for a quick
gel shave this morning. Off
to get a haircut soon.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SE SOTD, Tue, May25th 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene OC- Mfg 1912-15 for the O.C, excellent razor, soft mid range, this razor really started the Gem razor Mfg in the right direction, after decades of only a few improvements they sold millions of different variants. Very enjoyable shave.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Tabac- nice mild clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi High mountain silvertip badger 24 mm, makes some of the best lather, not a lather hog, soft tips with a just a gleamier of prickliness that changes from more use, great scrub + great lather painter. Very impressed with this badger brush + no funk.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm,
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 chin weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene 1912-15 the real McCoy with a coated Gem blade.

DE SOTD, May 25th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!
The Yaqi High mountain silvertip is one of my favorites, right up there with the top tier European brushes. 👍

Tuesday
proxy.php

Blade- Gillette platinum

Wonderful shaves are wonderful things.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: Fatip Piccolo Cr
Blade: New Lord Platinum (2)
Brush: Omega Evo Ovale
Soap: Proraso White (Tub)
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Lilac Vegetal, The Veg!
View attachment 1271835
I like Lilac Vegetal too. I think a lot of people who don't like it are applying too much. One only needs a little imo. I remember it (and Osage Rub) from our neighborhood barber as a kid.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom