Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Brush: Simpson Faux Sapphire Duke 3 Manchurian
Aftershave: Stirling Port au Prince​

IMG_5232.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat , May 23rd 2020.

Razor: Razorock Mission(Yin)- Mfg 2016?> best $20 Canadian I spent on a Mid range razor. Very good results & looks like EJ DE 89. It was one of my first razors I bought new and it works even better with my newer Pre-shave routine.
Blade: Gillette 7 oClock (Black)super platinum(1) One of the better blades Gillette makes IMO, Sharp & Smooooth!
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Great Citrus scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm- great brush for making lather with soft tips and some back bone, will splay.
Pre-shave: Shower + Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up. (who needs menthol with cold water, just kidding.)
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver :001_wub: aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17: Excellent shave with my Razorock mission(Yin) razor.
SOTD. Sat may 23rd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

A nice, DFS+ shave after three passes. Gillette nailed it with this razor as it is perfect for the beginning shaver.

Razor: Gillette 1956 B4 Blue Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: L'Occitane Cade Shave Oil
Lather: Soap Smooth Barbershop
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200522_091052.jpg

IMG_20200523_121500.jpg

Trying a new blade from the sample pack. Not a very enjoyable shave. I stopped after 2 passes. This shave was very "Tuggy". I'm not sure if it was the blade, lather or both. I also didn't like the cooling sensation of the cremo. The alum block let me know that my whole neck was irritated. No weepers of nicks, but definite razor burn. The Osage Rub was certainly cooling... very cooling. Not sure I liked that either but it did ease the irritation. Tomorrow I'll try the same blade with a badger brush and ARKO. If it tugs with that combo, I'll put the other Bic blade in the PIF pile.

Parker Variant razor
Shaverboy Stainless blade (4)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
A&E Asian Plum soap
Elite Razor 24mm Manchurian Badger fan brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Stirling Gin & Tonic aftershave balm
Captains Choice Lime aftershave

What a refreshing shave after a morning of mowing the lawn plus pulling unwanted plants from the roots in the garden. Thanks to Timeclo for the soap sample!
IMG_20200523_132637320.jpg

Sunday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Valet AutoStrop
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D7)
Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Oil: Stirling Island Man
Shave Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Talc: Shulton Old Spice
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice
Cologne: Shulton Old Spice

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DD4E2CFF-CA2F-4652-82A2-C06381280587.jpeg
Minimalist Sunday here in Australia this morning.
1) Germany: Shaving Cream L’ORÉAL Men Expert BarberClub Cedarwood brushless.
2) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3.
3) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’ORÉAL Men Expert BarberClub Reinforcing Cedarwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom