Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice 1977 Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee

SOTD-OS-FS-VR-R_2020-05-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (4)
ASL: Proraso Red

My love for these olive wood handles grows by the shave. The grip on them is incredible, and so nice.

Another great shave with the fab Fatip. All is well in my shaving world. :cornut:

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D6)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic 24mm
Bowl: HoneycombCopper 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe

Date:- 23 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Bon Vivant
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

I’ve been eying that Qshave for a while, so much more affordable than the Futur. Any idea how they compare?
I have both the Futur original and the clone. The clone has a slightly thinner handle but otherwise it's remarkably similar. The original is a bit heavier than the clone.Shave-wise they're pretty much the same. I have the clone in satin chrome and the Merkur in gleaming chrome (the satin version is almost always out of stock). If you're short on cash, don't mind waiting a long time and are willing to risk quality issues get the clone. Mine aligns the blade perfectly but I've read accounts of misaligned or skewed blades or uneven blade gaps on either side. It's a gamble, it can pay off or not. But either way you're not out a lot of cash if it doesn't. I will say that the adjustment on the clone does not feel quite as smooth as the original Futur but works correctly. Another advantage of the clones is that there are more finish options. Saw one on Aliex called Riverlake or something like that with a beautiful dark metallic blue finish. You'll never get that on an original Merkur. Both the clone and the original are heavy and have the large head that is unwieldy to shave under the nose but you get used to it. I got the clone first to try and later got the original.
Those are my observations. Your choice. You want guaranteed German quality with a thicker chrome plating and that is readily available without taking a month to ship? Choose the original. You are patient, willing to spend less money and gamble on the quality, hoping to get a good one? Get the clone. Sorry for the long post and derailing the thread. Hope this answers some of your questions, even though I'm not the one you asked initially.
Some shots to compare.
IMG_20200523_071144267.jpg
IMG_20200523_071144267.jpg
IMG_20200523_071218173.jpg
IMG_20200523_071300418.jpg
Clone on the left, original on the right. Satin finish on the clone, shiny finish on the original.
IMG_20200523_071116592.jpg
IMG_20200523_071130817.jpg

SOTD : 23rd May 2020.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face / Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Face Lather.

Soap : Natural skincare Products UK . ~ Unisex Lanolin Wool Fat,with Cedarwood and Patchouli Essential Oils Shaving Soap.

Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated. (1)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Thayers ~ Rose Petal Witch Hazel./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

A new very eclectic shave set up to start the weekend..Maiden shave with the Lanolin Wool Fat shaving soap, which was a pre-birthday pressie from my siblings, along with a few practical every day use toiletries deo & body sprays etc.

The Soap verdict ?...A good performing nicely fragranced shaving soap, that contains tallow along this lanolin wool fat which i know my mature skin loves from using MWF/Kent,& Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk shaving soaps.

After few minute warm water bloom,with my damp synthetic brush i created an acceptable lather in a short space of time for the full shave,which didn't dissipate or have a reaction to my skin when applied to my face, wetting the tips of the brush with cold water inbetween each shaving pass, leaving a wonderful post shave feel..What more is required. A wonderful gift. Another great addition to my shaving den.

I now have enough shaving soaps & creams to last me for along time for this pleasurable traditional wet shaving hobby of mine.

I find the voskhod blades become noticeably smoother on the second outing this i assume is probably down the teflon coating breaking down on the first shave.

It's good to re-visit blades i haven't used for a while, over the next few months i'll be re-aquainting & introducing myself to the vast amount of DE blades in my shaving den that ive yet tried, or infrequently used.

The WS Premium TTO razor, paired together with Voskhod T.C. paired together nicely making a comfortable non-aggressive, yet efficient match resulting in a 3 pass +pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: PannaCrema Nera
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG_6885.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom