Omega Alum Stick
Mennan Skin Bracer
Proraso Green AS Balm
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
SOTD5-21-20.jpg

SOTD : 21st May 2020.

View attachment 1102896

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Semogue 830.

Face Lather.

Soap : Tabac.

Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock Sharpedge .(4)

Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette Flat Bottom Tech. (ENG)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./Tabac ASL.

Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave...

Ive recently been having some phenomenal shaves with my humble vintage gillette tech's ,has it's been a while since i last used my vintage flat bottom tech i've gave it a long awaited outing What i personally like about the gillette tech is they are such smooth shavers, especially the earlier models, i couldn't pick my favourite, because each and everyone that i have is a joy to shave with.

However,i find the 40's & 50's models slightly more assertive depending on the blade choice i pair them up with.

A great 'all Round' de razor that every traditional wet shaver should try at least once...These classic humble razors have stood the test of time.

The Tabac soap after a few minutes blooming in tepid water created a luxurious lather in a short space of time,wetting the tips of the brush inbetween each pass without having to reload the brush to create more lather.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe & sound, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

It's funny, for the longest time I didn't like the look of the fat-handle pre-war Tech at all, now I really want one in good condition. 😄

BDD6CEEA-A076-4755-875D-2453F3CDBA77.jpeg
A6A64524-F1FC-47A0-A421-394BC245A539.jpeg
F341FB0E-B9A6-4A6E-81D5-9A68C3795BD0.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2020

There’s no doubt in my my mind at this point that something’s off in the head geometry of my F Type. The shave this morning with the modified Feather Super AC blade was not perceptibly different from the two prior shaves, as was evident in the beginning of the first pass. I shave fine with all my other Injector razors, so it’s not my technique. This razor went through the Pacific theater during WWII with its original Marine Officer owner. There is damage to the right interior part of the head. See photo. I’ve arranged a tune-up for it at Razor Emporium. They did a beautiful job repairing my defective Rex Ambassador. I’m hoping the same will hold true for my F Type.

So what started off as an F Type shave ended up a shave with my faithful GE Jones Shake Sharp. My friend, David, swears by his Ronson as his goto razor. While most of us with sizable numbers of razors can’t really identify a “daily driver”, we do have our favorites. The GE Jones Shake Sharp (Model 1.5) is mine. It is my auto BBS razor. As some marketers say about great products, “it just works”! And that was certainly the case today. What I like to describe as a two pass VBBS (Velveteen BBS). Given my frustration with the last two shaves, and the start of this one, I decided to indulge myself!

In addition to one of my favorite razors, I selected Nancy Boy Signature Shave cream and my Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute brush with the 26mm two band Badger ferrule. The amazingly slick, shiny, thick lather enhanced with my usual 6 drops of M-Bomb felt great on both mug and noggin when painted on with this wonderfully huge knot. I really love this cream. It has a very refreshing soapy scent which sits quite well with SWMBO. And that knot really delivered the goods. Two luxuriously cooling passes later left me feeling clean, smooth, cool and amazingly refreshed. The Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash was the icing on the cake.

RAZOR: Schick F Type followed by GE Jones Shake Sharp (Model 1.5)
BLADE: Modified Feather Super (F Type); 2 Stacked Polsilver (Shake Sharp)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ Two Band Badger Knot Ferrule
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Razor: EJ 89
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Ever-Ready 150 Silvertip
Soap: Henri et Victoria Lime
AS: Henri et Victoria Lime

20200521_113300.jpg

The Lime Chronicles continues. Unfortunately the HV just isn't going to make it's way into the den. The soap is slick but thats it. Started over 3 times to build the lather, with varying levels of water added. Can't seem to get it right, it just isn't dense enough. No cushion. And it doesn't smell like lime.

The aftershave was worse. Smelled more of burning rubber than lime. Burnt lime peel maybe idk. Not for me.

Thursday, 5/21:

20200521_094812.jpg

Razor - Occam's Razor Enoch
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - Semogue Owners Club 24mm boar
Soap - Razorock Acqua
A/S - Proraso Blue

The Enoch just keeps giving me phenomenal shaves. I whipped up a nice, thick lather with the RR, great scent, really refreshing but subdued too, no real shine but most RR soaps don't give me that. Good solid glide, and the razor was cruising. The result was a very, very close shave with no weepers or irritation. Boom, done; works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom