Gillette ’55 A4 Ball End Tech / Gillette‌ ‌Nacet‌
APShaveCo. 24MM APLuxury Bulb w/ Summer Handle
RazoRock‌ ‌"What‌ ‌The‌ ‌Puck?!"‌ ‌Lime‌ ‌Burst‌ ‌
Italian Barber Amici After Shaving Splash

DSCF0056 - Edited.jpg

SOTD : 19th May 2020.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush : Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Knot Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Soap: Haslinger ~ Aloe Vera Soap.

Blade: Gillette 7'O Clock Sharpedge. (3)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale ASL.

L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave...

After the wonderful performance from the haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk shaving soap at the start of the weekend i've used the aloe vera shaving soap the only difference with the aloe vera soap is it doesn't contain lanolin and like the Schafmilch Sheep Milk has a very faint clean fragrance when wet

If you like a shaving soap with a strong fragrance, then you will be disappointed with haslinger soap ,as both soaps have a mild unique fragrance which will put some people off using .My personal opinion though is both soaps are exactly the same in performance,slickness protection & post shave feel which for me is the most important thing in a shaving soap or cream..As always opinions are very subjective.YMMV.

Each and every shave that i've had with the Parker 87R the results have been excellent today was no exception.

The Gillette 7'O Clock SE are such a smooth all round efficient smooth blade pairing together with 87r superbly resulting in another very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with some generous dollop of L'0REAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 19 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Admiral
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy (5) G2 1961 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Pre: Hot towel
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG_6878.jpg

Tue 19th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P HD Handle
Blade Feather 4th
Postshave & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Yesterday morning leftover lather I did not clean but rather just leave it, since there was still some substantial amount. By night it look like all are gone...and this morning dried up. But...upon adding some water and giving it just a swirl...wow!! Turns out to have enough lather for more than sufficient 3pass shave. Shave with GC.84 paired with Feather was really nice. Smooth and sharp. No issues after 3 multiple passes. Somehow prefer HD & BarberPole handles with this GC.84 rather than Super Knurl. Between BBS and DFS results. Rating today 9.5/10
20200519_160907.jpg

NOS Simplex (1942-44 WW-II European Theater) w/Spoiler and Stirling Mountain Man soap and AS

I lucked upon this razor (metal cap/plastic) and picked it up cause I'm a vintage nut case plus I liked the box color scheme. I really didn't expect much but after only two shaves this amazing shaver has replaced my 54 Super Speed as my desert island razor. After the first shave I thought it was a fluke, but not so. There is a new sheriff in town. This nimble ugly ducking is so smooth and efficient that is has given me two effortless BBS shaves. You can't make this s*** up! No other razor is my 50+ collection gets those problem area's around my chin, adam's apple, and that pesky swirly area on my left jaw with so little effort. I can't explain it but don't care. Life is good......
IMG_5185.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom