What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 18th - May 24th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Mondays shave 2.jpg

Monday’s Shave

Another beautiful, sunny Arizona day. Today’s soap is PAA Big Shave Southwest 2020 CK-6. The soap does well with water and gives a luxurious shave. Rich, slick lather. I used a Paladin Lotus brush which works wonders with any soap. The razor today is the Rockwell S with the 4 plate and a Dorco Plat st300 blade. After a four-pass shave, I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane aftershave balm. After a shower, the fragrance was GFT Sandalwood.

Parker Variant razor
Shaverboy Stainless blade (1)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
Fine L'Orange Noir soap
Shavemac Tie-Die 25mm silver tip badger fan brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Fine Italian Citrus aftershave

First impression of this blade was not quite as sharp or smooth, but it was still a great result. It will be interesting to see how the remaining shaves with this blade go.
IMG_20200518_075051752.jpg

Mon 18th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P
Blade SuperMax Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
MacaRoot Aloe Water Gel
Great lather always from this cream. Today's lather is creamily thick and slick. Nice scent too. Application by brush ooooo so nice! Shave with GC.84 paired with blade was ok smooth but hmmm just not as good as 1st use. 3 multiple enjoyable pass but was surprised by a tiny weeper under right jawline resulting from the atg pass from ear to throat. No other issues like irritation. Result of shave between BBS to DFS with rating of 9/10.
20200518_070708.jpg

20200518_074138.jpg

Monday, 5/18:

20200518_100050.jpg

Razor - Gillette '57 Tech
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Omega 637 23mm silvertip
Soap - Phoenix & Beau Night Witch
A/S - Cremo Reserve balm

Great Monday morning shave. Less than 24h since my last, so let's go mild. Used the first silvertip I ever bought; it's got a tall loft, so it's like a super soft cloud, but is still OK for paint strokes. Felt awesome applying the lather. I think this is P&B's new base, and it went on so silky smooth. Great performance between that and the Tech with the Astra, albeit an old one. I just... I love the Tech. Really not much more I can say about it. No weepers/irritation/redness, so smooth, plus efficiency. Ah, so nice.

Mon 18th SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P
Blade SuperMax Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
MacaRoot Aloe Water Gel
Great lather always from this cream. Today's lather is creamily thick and slick. Nice scent too. Application by brush ooooo so nice! Shave with GC.84 paired with blade was ok smooth but hmmm just not as good as 1st use. 3 multiple enjoyable pass but was surprised by a tiny weeper under right jawline resulting from the atg pass from ear to throat. No other issues like irritation. Result of shave between BBS to DFS with rating of 9/10.
View attachment 1101668
View attachment 1101670

Man, I have got to try that Maca.

SOTD 5/18/20

Pre
: hot shower
Lather: Razorock Stallion
Razor: Vincent VT-1321
Blade: Kai Protouch MG

These blades have been great for a quick, worry free shave. I was able to get a 2-pass BBS (with light touch-up), since the guarded blade allows me to use a bit more pressure than I would normally.

20200518_085300.jpg

400A3126-E171-464E-AF46-34A5A596F968.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY, MAY 18, 2020

I know everyone talks about Wool Fat Friday, but I’m declaring this Mitchell’s Monday. I’ve been neglecting my #1 favorite soap. There’s nothing that compares to MWF spiced 6 drops of M-Bomb. Now I know everyone loves those stinky PAA soaps. I need to stay away from smelly soaps due to my SWMBO’s fragrance allergy. Mitchell’s is the perfect soap. Great post shave feel and minimal to virtually non-existent odor when working the same puck after a few days. For the shave today, I decided on a Gillette.. My favorite Gillettes are my Single Rings, my Big Fellow, and my New Standard. Since I've recently shaved with the first two, I selected the New Standard for today’s shave. This little 58 gram wonder feels great in the hand and delivers a first rate shave.

The brush selected was the Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with the 26mm two band Badger ferrule. Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver AS Splash and A&E Post-Shave Serum completed the software selections. After the shower, the shave began with the usual cold water rinse. Face and dome lathering with this huge 26mm fan knot was such a luxurious pleasure. MWF just feels great, and leaves ones skin feeling great. Now it’s time to mention this 99 year old razor (1921). The New Standard just shaves so well for me! With a Feather blade it delivers the goods while singing the stubble reduction song. I would shave with this razor much more regularly, if I didn’t have so many great DE and SE safety razors already. In any case, three slow, relaxing passes later (WTG, XTG, ATG) put the baby to bed!
I feel cool, clean, smooth and refreshed!

RAZOR: Gillette New Standard
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute Brush w/ 26mm Two Band Badger Fan Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat enhanced w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver AS Splash. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Razor: Kampfe Bros. Star H-R14B Lather Catcher
Blade: Personna GEM Carbon Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Using 3d printed wedge adapter.
PSX_20200517_094229.jpg