Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Euromax Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Really nice scent this soap. Love the scent. Today's lather is good...not great.
Blade alignment with razor was spot-on today. The key is the top-cap.
Shave with razor and blade pairing felt smooth and sharpish. So smooth today and was surprised by a few weepers on the neck after an atg pass. Otherwise a very smooth 3 multiple pass shave with between a BBS and DFS results.
Rating today 8/10
20200522_072715.jpg

20200522_074644.jpg

Parker Variant razor
Shaverboy Stainless blade (3)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
Barrister and Mann Rhapsody soap
Elite Razor 26mm Mother Lode synthetic brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Stirling Sharp Dressed Man aftershave

Another good shave, and this brush is always nice to use.
IMG_20200522_070505701.jpg

Had some beautiful shaves over the last week, the first one wasn't particularly smooth, but the end result was excellent, switched out the lion DE for the second shave, and decided to keep using the aristocrat for at least the next month.

I finally binned the derby extra after its 15th shave and replaced it with a fresh one.

I also rotated my different shaving products, as good as Arko is, I've gotten a bit bored with using it day in and day out, so i used my Arko cream and then my credance by the grooming dept puck.

This stuff is absolutely fantastic, especially good for winter because of the high tallow and duck fat content, very very moisturising, you barely need a moisturizer after using this stuff. Might even become my staple soap this winter.

Shave 1:
Brush: Omega 49
Blade: derby extra (1)
Razor: Lion DE
Soap: Arko shave stick
Aftershave Balm: prep

Shave 2:
Brush: Omega 49
Blade: derby extra (2)
Razor: 1948 barber pole aristocrat
Soap: Arko shave stick

Shave 3:
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Blade: derby extra (3)
Razor: 1948 barber pole aristocrat
Cream: Arko cool

Shave 4:
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Blade: Derby extra (4)
Razor: 1948 aristocrat
Soap: grooming dept, credance
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Fridays shave pool.jpg

Friday’s Shave

Going with Haslinger Coconut, today. Today’s brush was a Frank Shaving Syn. The razor was my Feather AS-D2 with a Feather blade. After a four-pass shave I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Neutrogena Triple Protect. After my shower, some Yves Saint Laurent cologne.

FBECA5EE-0FE4-4934-980F-2C33AE100C76.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2020

The first safety razors were SEs. I've really been missing my vintage Gem razors. A friend shaved with his Model 1912 recently. Having been inspired, I’ve decided to finish out the month with some of my vintage Gems starting with my 1930s era Brass Gem Jr. Model 1912. Some have struggled with these razors, but with Gems I believe it’s all in the blade. Don of Technichi Shave introduced me to the SS Pella Gem PTFE blades. They remind me of a Polsilver or Wizamet Super Iridium in blade feel, nicely sharp, but incredibly smooth.

I’ve really been enjoying my software over the last couple of shaves. Nancy Boy Signature shave cream is acknowledged as one of the best premium shave creams available today, and it definitely gets no argument from me on that score. When enhanced with 6 drops of M-Bomb, it can’t be beat. What I really like about it is how easy it is to build an incredibly rich, slick, cooling lather directly on both mug and noggin with the Viking Silvertip Badger brush. The shave began with a cold water rinse. The razor felt great in hand, and mowed my whiskers right down to the skin line in the first WTG pass. The second ATG pass put the baby to bed with a VBBS (Velveteen BBS). After several consecutive shaves with Nancy Boy, my skin feels incredibly good. I feel clean, cool, smooth and refreshed!

RAZOR: Brass Gem Jr. Model 1912
BLADE: Pella SS Gem PTFE
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri May 22nd 2020

Razor: Valet Auto-strop C1 model Canadian variant-Mfg 1920's(I decreased the gap from .011 to .007 thousands of a inch to smooth the razor out.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (6)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco-Nice Citrus scent with good lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- very nice brush to handle and generates great lather.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my C1 Valet auto strop.

SOTD, Fri May 22nd 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom