Not open for further replies.
Razorock Lupo .95 & Gillette Platinum
Razorock 28mm Plissoft Beehive
Ethos Grooming Melange d’agrumes soap
Ethos Grooming Melange d’agrumes skin food splash
ADP Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi
F976A1B9-4BE1-49D1-BB73-BE46927F9309.jpeg

SOTD, Friday, May 21, 2021

Although not as elegant as DE, cartridges do work well for me when speed is important. Have a great one, Gentlemen.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: TriFlexxx Sensor/Excel Personna
Blade: TriFlexxx Sensor Excel Personna
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Stirling Deep Blue Sea EDT
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Magnolia
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 two band knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
The Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05 loaded with a Personna Med Prep blade makes for a great combo. The Rudy Vey brush is the king for loading any soap. Nice, rich lather and an excellent shave. Have a great weekend guys.

The razor today is one that came in the sterling kit that I bought for my father. He said that evertime he used it he cut himself and gave it back to me out of frustration. This was about 2 months ago. I was shaving with it the other day and realized it felt very harsh so I inspected it and the blade was very crooked in the cap, once straightened its became very smooth and comfortable. This is something I should have looked for before giving him the razor. He is still very much enjoying the lathering process and the soap scents and says that his shaves have improved using the soaps.
I will count the small wins where I can.
20210521_071436.jpg

Have a great day.

Razor: IKON X3 Slant
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (2)
Brush: Thater Super Badger Fan, 24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Cream: Musgo Real

Floid Mentolado Vigoroso Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, May 21st 2021, #7 of 7 shaves & time for a change up, I like variety.

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur, Mfg 2021> nice soft mid range, easy to roam the face, a lot wider blade than a Gem or Schick it seems, today I applied side blade direction depending on what side of face for more contact area, easy to use under the nose area. Something things you learn as you test a little with a wide blade in a safety razor. #7 of 7 shaves and done with my testing, conclusion great daily driver, soft mid range IMO and a nice change up of razors to use IMO. Excalibur price wise was decent & was not expecting a high end precision machined stainless steel razor for just thinking about trying the 50mm razor realm .
I'm a Gem razor user and enjoy that SE blade system most of all the SE systems but the 50mm blade system for shavette shaving with a Kai Protouch guarded blade is awesome & hard to beat for Shavettes for great comfort & results with out drama.
Blade: Feather Professional 50mm(6) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Pricey for blades.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco, nice different citrus scents with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky 24mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips with good scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Amici (citrus scents) with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Feather pro.

SE  SOTD, Fri, May21st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom