SOTD 17MAY19
Muhle + Wizamet | Savile Row | Tallow + Steel

15086854-4EC7-4849-B902-AFD4AB9A3AD8.jpeg

Soap: Arko
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Special Pure Badger
Aftershave: Proraso White balm

As you can see the Arko puck is just chugging along. I don’t think I’m going to make it through the rest of the sabbatical but we will see!

17 May 2019

Blackland Vector + Feather Professional Super ~ Grizzly Bay Brush ~ GD Preshave
Eufros Dame de Noche ~ Eufros Dame de Noche Balm ~ Swiss Pitralon AS

Eufros Dame Noche Use.jpg

SOTD 2019-05-17

Hot water prep
Maggard MR1 razor / Personna Lab Blue (5)
Stando Tuxedo
Timeless Razor Lather Shaving Bowl
Denim shaving cream
Denim Original AS

proxy.php

17 May 2019
Standard Razors v2
SuperMax Platinum (1)
APShaveCo 22mm Faux Horse w/ Ruby Ripple Handle
C&S 88
Cococare Cocoa Butter Cream
IMG_20190517_181907.jpg

Ikon Tech with mystery cap which renders it a much friendlier shaver. Polsilver blade
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2ECEB71F-ED45-4902-AF95-377A642FBD49.jpeg
Long week and on the verge of the long weekend here in Canada so I reached for the Merkur 34G because I love GOOOOOOLD! Loaded up with a Gillette Silver Blue and it’s a thing of beauty both physically and figuratively speaking.

Today’s soap was Italian Barber Amici which I tried for the first time a week or so ago. Last time I observed the scent to me light whereas this time it was a bit more pronounced. Lovely scent and a good performer. The Chubby 1 made short work of this soap and whipped up a very slick lather.

Lovely three pass BBS shave was achieved! Let the long weekend begin! It heralds the beginning of Summer! May your beers be cold, your BBQ smoking and your families and friends close! Happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Lotion
Lather: Italian Barber Amici
Aftershave: Italian Barber Amici
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Citron

Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red
Brush: Semogue 1460 Boar
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD / Astra SP
Witch Hazel + Tea Tree Oil
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
AS: Proraso Red
IMG_1826 (2).JPG

Music:
Frank Zappa / Captain Beefheart / Mothers of Invention
'Bongo Fury'
Live in Austin Texas (1975)
IMG_1829 (2).JPG

SOTD:
First time using the Fatip Piccolo in about a month and boy did it remind me quickly why its my favourite razor! Even though its a very agressive razor, its a pleasure to shave with and extremely well built, in fact its completely brass and you could buy two for the price of one R41 so definitely value for money!

The gentleman's groom room malt n myrtle performed flawlessly as did the Wilkinson sword brush which is starting to break in nicely.

The Wilkinson sword blade is beautifully smooth and sharp even on shave number four.

Sunday's shave will be the same setup but with my other new brush, the Omega 49, both fantastic brushes!

Razor: Fatip piccolo
Blade: Wilkinson sword (4)
Soap: the gentlemans groom room malt n myrtle
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave premium edition boar.
Aftershave Balm: aquaeous cream
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Merkur 34c w/Nacet//Rudy Vey Shavemac Finest//Sir Irisch Moos//Sampson's Unscented Balm//Vintage Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Saturday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Gem Damaskeene\Elite Razor
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D6)
Brush: Thäter Cocobolo 2-band
Bowl: Anself Bamboo 4 ½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Molten
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

Mickey Lee Soapworks | Paradise Frost
Wolf Whiskers | Raptor | Black Wolf
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

5/17/19
Reef Point Earl Grey & Ginger
Vie-Long 14080
1961 Gillette Model 195 Fatboy
Feather (3)
Osma Alum Block
Pitralon
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Montblanc Starwalker

SOTD5-17-19.jpg

Date:- 18 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Monaco Royale
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #10
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

Sat 18th May

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Merkur Futur
Lab Blue [ 1 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Used the Futur today after the Progress in an attempt to keep my hand in with DE Razors. The Shave was quite smooth but due to inattention got a slight weeper, though the overall quality of finish was quite good. I cannot see me making a return to full time use of DE Razors,as the alternative SE/Injectors seem to serve me better.

IMG_0497.jpg

SOTD : 18th May 2019.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap. / Bloom Water.

Brush: AP Shave CO ~ Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Gem ~ Open Comb MicroMatic.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Giorgio Beverly Hills ~ Ocean Dream ASL.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

For the last month or so i've been having cold water shaves which have been wonderful, my mature rhino skin hasn't felt better for a long time.

Maiden shave with the Gem Micromatic OC which is a 'pre- birthday present' to myself. This vintage lady was shipped to me from the US and arrived on thursday...As with any of my razors new or used i done my cleaning ritual , which is a 10 minute soak (head only) in a cold water & barbicide mixture to remove any nasties , then a light scrubbing with hot water, dettol anti-baterial soap & toothbrush rinsed,a few drops of wahl hair clipper oil to the moving parts then a light rub down with clean dry cloth, ready for service again.

Ever since i was first acquainted and swooned by the vintage Ever-Ready SE razors i've always been intrigued and had a keen interest to try out a Gem Open Comb MicroMatic after been recommended to add one to my shopping list by a fellow member of TSR forum (UK)...The verdict?..Absolutely superb like my other vintage SE razors my shaving angle is almost sliding flat against the skin.Out of all the vintage SE razors i've had the pleasure of shaving with the Gem Micromatic OC is the most efficient mowing down my stubble with effortless ease showing no mercy...Like all of my other vintage SE razors the audio feedback is amazing ,sounding like buttering a piece of toast as it mows through my stubble....However as with any razor i shave with regardless if it's aggressive or no-aggressive respect,good technique shaving confidence, & no pressure is essential,especially when shaving with this sturdy assertive vintage lady.

Its been a while since i used the Kent soap, which provided a superb lather for the shave after a 5 minute bloom with warm tap water...The cashmere synthetic brush has the most softest tips in any of my shaving brushes, but still has enough backbone to use with hard soaps or creams, and is equally good for face or bowl lathering, a wonderful brush & soap duo.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs smooth maiden shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom