What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 13th - May 19th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
18-5-2019

Agua y jabón :: Czech & Speake, Cambridge & Oxford :: JiM Creative Shaving :: ATT Windsor Copper, M, Perma Sharp :: Myrsol, Plastic Shave

proxy.php

Special shave today, using new stuff: C&S is one of my favourite shaving soaps, but this soap needs to be worked out, I guess that I will get richer scent and sensations with continued use. The shaving brush has been decorated with Japanese lacquer work, one of my hobbies. Finally, the ATT razor is a beauty, very classy.

Cheers!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Saturday SOTD

Ever Ready 1914
GEM PTFE (2)
Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang
Omega 10290
Pinaud Clubman VIBR + 444​

Cooper! That’s awesome. You are welcome and I hope to see more of you and Cooper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18-5-2019

Agua y jabón :: Czech & Speake, Cambridge & Oxford :: JiM Creative Shaving :: ATT Windsor Copper, M, Perma Sharp :: Myrsol, Plastic Shave

proxy.php

Special shave today, using new stuff: C&S is one of my favourite shaving soaps, but this soap needs to be worked out, I guess that I will get richer scent and sensations with continued use. The shaving brush has been decorated with Japanese lacquer work, one of my hobbies. Finally, the ATT razor is a beauty, very classy.

Cheers!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Beautiful brush! Japanese lacquer work? Google says “Lacquer is made from the sap of the Chinese lacquer tree (aka Japanese lacquer tree) and is poisonous until it dries.” Uh, how poisonous and how long does it take to dry?

Be careful out there.

Patti

Sunday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D7)
Brush: Savile Row 3330
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½” Walnut/Cherry
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Wonderland
Aftershave: Extro' Cologne Sandalo

SOTD : 19th May 2019.

18.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Nivea Men ~ Originals shave cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin + 8 drops of eucalyptus + tea tree oil.

Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic.(1)

Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ 4711 ~ ASL/Cologne.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday shave.

For the rest of my SOTD's this week all will be mostly featuring German made shaving products..Starting with the Merkur 34C DE razor.

Like a vast majority of people, when first venturing into the world of traditional wet shaving i was attracted to this wonderful piece of great value for money non-aggressive razor,matched together with either an aggressive or non-aggressive blade this wonderful Fräulein has always performed excellently giving me an acceptable shave,today was no exception.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling invigoratingly smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Karve Brass #D
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a stellar Sunday :thumbup:

SOTD:
Beautiful shave today, another stunning performance from the fatip piccolo, definitely without question my favourite razor, it cuts through hair like a hot knife through butter.

A stunning performance from the omega 49 and the malt n myrtle, this brush does very well with hard soaps, but id recommend face lathering for the first few shaves until the bristles soften a bit.

The Wilkinson sword blade was perfectly sharp even after its 5th use, and paired with the Fatip gave me a perfect BBS shave after two passes with a few touch ups.

The Brut by faberge is a fantastic aftershave, so glad we still find tons of it in South Africa, and its dirt cheap too!

Razor: Fatip piccolo
Blade: Wilkinson sword (5)
Brush: Omega 49
Soap: the gentlemans groom room malt n myrtle
Aftershave balm: aquaeous cream
Aftershave: brut by faberge
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

SOTD - Sunday 19 May 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Shavemac - 2018 LE Jungle Moss - Shaving Society - 24mm Fan (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Australian Private Reserve - Fougere Trois
  • After-Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Fougere Trois

2019-05-19

Ikea bowl ¤ Semogue 2009 LE ¤ 5/8" Mосква
PannaCrema Rosso ¤ 444 ASG ¤ Alvarez Gómez Cologne

proxy.php

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0009 - Edited (5).jpg

SOTD 5-19-19

Pears Transparent Soap face lather and rinse
Arko
Gillette ball end NEW LC gold / Nacett (3)
Haircut and Shave Co. Barber Pole Tuxedo
Cool washcloth rinse​

iKon B1 Standard Razor (stainless steel)
Feather
Taconic Bay Rum Shave Cream
WCS 26mm Synthetic Brush
PAA Mysterum Serum
Krampert's Acardian Bay Rum Aftershave

Pre-shave: Cold water + Proraso Pre-shave
Razor: Koraat 6/8
Shave soap: DR Harris Windsor
Shaving brush: Omega 10065 Boar Bristle Shaving Brush, Green handle
Shaving bowl: The Goodfella's smile Hemlock-wood
Shaving mug: MÜHLE, porcelain white
After-shave: Cold water rinse --> DR Harris Windsor Aftershave Milk

Awesome shave

66E13A82-F4E5-4FF1-B9AB-A8190B95DAC6.jpeg

This vintage Prima SE razor was manufactured in France and is on generous loan from @Chef Glenn (he also provided the cool green brush). Many thanks, Glenn!

Haven’t seen many of these razors on the forum, so I am including some additional photos of the Prima. It has a hinged head that opens with a twist of the spring-loaded knob at the base of the handle. Uses proprietary blades. Nice heft, intuitive angle, mild but effective shaver.

D4B1E54D-01E9-4090-9839-9AD3C1AB33DB.jpeg

5F324F68-5C04-4EAD-82E0-7E7D0023901F.jpeg

EB5DAFD0-A01A-4ED6-9EC1-7816F876C4C7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom