DSCF0062 - Edited (1).jpg

Testing new soaps (4/8)

Prep: Shower
Soap: The Goodfellas' Smile - Gengi Cotton — Limited edition
Blade: Astra SP
Razor: Mühle R89
Brush: RazoRock 400 Plissoft
After shave: Rituals - Samurai | Shave repair

Soap verdict: advertised as yesterday's soap dark side, it's effectively kind of evil. Smells like cinnamon, with a touch of cinnamon and hearth notes of cinnamon. And add a little bit more of cinnamon on top of that. I hope you like cinnamon when you are using this soap, because it smells nothing else than warm comforting cinnamon. And I love it. It lathers really easily and produces quickly a nice thick lather. Beware though, when applied to face, you'll feel a small burning sensation due to the cinnamon, it's not painful, but it can definitively bother some people, but it will definitively keep you warm in the winter. I used it today because it was cold outside and wanted to try the new batch of soaps I received, but I will not use it anymore before winter, and especially around X-mas.
TL;DR: nice cinnamon smell, warm/burning sensation of the cheeks, will keep it for winter/X-mas.

How do you like the aftershave? Never heard of it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
3AE80525-53F6-4C0C-BE5D-880C6FFF750D.jpeg
1) Germany: Pre-Shave Nivea Men Cool Kick Arctic Freeze face wash and shave gel.
2) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
3) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive.
4) Greece: Razor BIC Flex 4.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Originals Post Shave Balm.
6) Germany: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men Deep.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Date:- 15 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

This remains my top favorite product. The performance is just outstanding and the scent…..from another level!! 😉😊

The shaving-stuff from The Art of Shaving is really affordable, however the moment you turn to the matching colognes/fragrances, prices go up like crazy. I really think this is unfortunate because I’ve ordered another really wonderful scent the Bergamot & Neroli together with the balm. But I will not pay $100 anymore for a tiny bit of fragrance ☹

Besides that, I truly think that The Art of Shaving and its products are seen too little in the Shaving-Scene which I regret….it truly is great stuff! 😊

Cream : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
SvdD : 15-05-2020
Razor : Merkur – 20C
Blade : Personna – Platinum (4)
Brush : Paragon Shaving - Synthetic RAV Brush
Aftershave Balm : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
Eau de Cologne Intense: The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon

DSC_0009-06.jpeg

Testing new soaps (7/8)

Prep: Shower
Soap: RazoRock - American Barber
Blade: Astra SP (5th shave)
Razor: Mühle R89
Brush: RazoRock 400 Plissoft
After shave: Nivea Men - Protect & Care

Soap verdict:
I wish I could say "standard RazoRock lather review", but… everything started as usual, soaking the brush, putting some water on the soap, getting rid of the water, loading the soap, and then I noticed that it was not lathering as the others, took more time, add to add water more often. I thought it was good but I noticed that the lather was dull, so I added a little more water, re-lathering and I managed to obtain a nice shiny lather.
At least it is what I thought. When applied to the face, it was more "foamy" than "lathery" and left only a thin layer of lather. It was kinda disappointing. The shave was however acceptable, not as nice as the other days but acceptable, smooth skin, just a little irritation on the jaw angle near the ears.
The smell is nice, really what you can expect to smell when you enter a hipster barber shop where a guy with tattoos, beard and a man-bun is awaiting you near a leather chair to cut your hair and ask you if you want a house-roasted coffee with no sugar or a IPA beer while waiting.

Fri 15th SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Game Changer.84 SB
Blade SuperMax Vidyut SS 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
PAA Cavendish Aftershave
Oooopppss...wayyy too much lather...! LOL...
Top quality soap. Super creamy today and slick too. Nice mild scent. Did not finish the lather..save it for my SO to use as face wash..LOL. Nice brush to apply today's creamy lather...
Shave with razor paired with blade was ok...reasonably smooth but not so efficient. Perhaps the blade. 3 multiple passes enough for no issues result between BBS and DFS. Rating 9/10. Have a great and safe weekend to all...!!
20200515_091227.jpg

20200515_093607.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom