What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 10th - May 16th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
0516.png

Timeless Ti68 | wizamet (3) | Elite HMW | Captain Fawcett Scapicchio | Murphy & McNeil Yin

SOTD- 16.5.21

Pre-shave- Cube mentholated soap
Kent mentholated shave cream (last use)
Bowl- Muhle
Brush- Omega boar/badger mix
Razor- Gillette slim adjustable (setting 6)
Blade- Super shave x (4)
Post shave- LEA alum, Thayer's witch hazel, Brut sport style a/s splash & LEA a/s balm.

Result- decent shave, no nicks/cuts etc.

IMG_0509.JPG

Razor: Schick Pre-Krona DE (1966)
Blade: Crown Platinum (3)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Cashmere 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Liquirizia e Menta
Aftershave: Ethos - Peppermint Splash

8B4851A4-3317-4507-AA85-C0F4E1AC8559.jpeg

What a way to start a wonderful day!
I noticed (in another thread) @Beefdrippings acquired a Schick DE for himself and got me thinking…mmmm, when was the last time I saw my (pre) Krona? I looked everywhere and finally found it in the spice cupboard over the stove?
As usual, this beauty of a razor gave me a wonderful shave. Completely smooth without a twig of irritation. This is my third and final shave with the Crown Platinum blade. I highly regard it.
I know some of you may think that this brush is odd in a non traditional way, but I am absolutely loving it. The handle is the most comfortable I have experienced and keeps your hands free of lather. I’m totally sold on that cashmere synthetic knot. In spite of it’s really tall loft it retains a firm backbone. You can power slap lather on your face like a beaver tail curling broom.
Aroma Therapy? Liquorice and mint lather topped off with a peppermint splash…you can’t get any fresher than that.

20210516_134316-01.jpeg
SOTD #136/2021
16-05-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Cherry wood handle
Soap: Declaration Grooming ~ Nightman
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: KAI (8)
Post shave: frigid tap water.

Today's shave was okay , needed three passes plus touchups to get to the DFS level. The KAI is significantly fading...

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!

D13BF995-F053-4A2C-A4AA-ACEEA1686D39.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Slim
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super 4th use
Brush: SOC Finest Cherry
Soap: Colonel Conk Amber
Result: DFS

Facelathering with the Semogue, very soft and comfy. I don’t facelather too often but this brush works very well as it is controllable and splays easily. I will give it some more try’s but currently the Fatboy is ahead of the Slim it just fits my hand better. I will have to fiddle around with the numbers as they don’t correspond with each other yet I believe the Slim is a touch more efficient at the same number.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sunday Shave May 16th 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm- Mfg 2021> excellent midrange, very light, easy to roam the face, carefree shave even with a Feather Pro. Angle seems easy to find for myself.
Blade: Feather Pro AC 50mm (2)- Very sharp blade, sharp & smooth, longevity??
Soap: Razorock blue barber- nice scent with excellent lather qualities + triple milled.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush- no shedding today, wonderful boar brush feel.
Pre shave: Hand lathered whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinsed after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Excalibur + Feather pro blade.

SE SOTD, Sun, May 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel!

View attachment 1267397
Pre:-
Razor: Slim
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super 4th use
Brush: SOC Finest Cherry
Soap: Colonel Conk Amber
Result: DFS

Facelathering with the Semogue, very soft and comfy. I don’t facelather too often but this brush works very well as it is controllable and splays easily. I will give it some more try’s but currently the Fatboy is ahead of the Slim it just fits my hand better. I will have to fiddle around with the numbers as they don’t correspond with each other yet I believe the Slim is a touch more efficient at the same number.

I reckon you are enjoying the SOC!!

Captain's Choice travels conclude with the final sample...
Day two of the Captain's Three day voyage: Land Ho!
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Captain's Choice Land Ho! soap
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4
Blade: Feather (1)
Balm: Captain's Land Ho!

Excellent Lather with along with a fresh summer scent!
IMG_6065.jpg

20210515_082354.jpg

Razor: Schick G3 Gold Plated Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Status