What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 10th - May 16th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, May 13
proxy.php

Klar Kabinett~~Morris & Forndran Ali Baba 2~~Feather AS-D2/Personna 74~~Oud Maknoon

Have a great day!

6F3ADAED-1D9D-4070-A3A8-79231C980479.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: 1960 F4 Fatboy, 1st pass on 4, 2&3 on 7
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super 3rd use
Brush: SOC Finest 2 Band Cherry
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: BBS

First outing with the Fatboy. Weight distribution and balance is great, it fits my hand like a glove. I thoroughly enjoyed this shave. Next one will be with the Slim to see if I can spot a difference @ivan_101 . The Finest is now my third SOC after Boar and Mistura and while each has it own characteristics they all feel great and produce fine lather. If I would have to rank them it would be

Mistura - the best of both worlds, extremely versatile, feels great and scrubby with excellent backbone
Finest - softer with less backbone still good scrubbiness and flow through
Boar - a good boar, takes some time to break in. Still there are so many good and affordable boars that the price of the Taj handle stands a bit in its way but you need it to complete the TRINITY :c1:
1191FC4A-6745-4C99-B1E9-1582B52964F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Razor: 1960 F4 Fatboy, 1st pass on 4, 2&3 on 7

First outing with the Fatboy. Weight distribution and balance is great, it fits my hand like a glove. I thoroughly enjoyed this shave. Next one will be with the Slim to see if I can spot a difference @ivan_101 . The Finest is now my third SOC after Boar and Mistura and while each has it own characteristics they all feel great and produce fine lather. If I would have to rank them it would be
I can spot it definitely and I'll summarize it. First, the Fatboy has a thicker handle. Not my thing. Never liked thick handles. So actually with my hand it is the other way round - the Slim fits like a glove (I have short fingers). Second, the Fatboy has the high profile head, the Slim has the low profile. I never liked particularly the high profile heads even on the pre-1962 Super-Speeds. Makes it a bit more awkward in the hard to reach places, like under my nose. Also the shaving angle is different because of the different silo door profiles. And last but not least, the Fatboy @9 has a smaller gap than the Slim @9, and I use my Slim mostly @9.
I actually traded my Fatboy years ago (before the whole Fatboy hype reached the current prices frenzy).

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, May13th 2021

Razor: TNNSER(@twhite razor) 3D printed- excellent mid range, light weight, I always receive great shaves with no drama.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandle wood- nice scent great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm tuxedo knot - excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber, great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + no pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum + Sandalwood(some clove) :001_wub: + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS +no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my TNNSER 3D printed razor + a Gem coated blade.
SE SOTD, May13th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times! (Looks like light at the end of the tunnel!)

Last edited:
20210513_115122-01.jpeg
SOTD #133/2021
13-05-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Pre de Provence ~ No. 63
Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Sandpiper AS.

A Fathers Day shave. Got this marvelous brush from my kids as a gift today. :001_wub:

This 1305 likely will need some time until its fully broken in. 3 passes, totally dramafree and smooth. BBS on the face, DFS on the neck.

Happy Fathers Day to all german dads out there!

SOTD, Thursday May 13th, 2021

Captain's Choice travels continue taking us to...
Day two of the Captain's Three day voyage: 45th Parallel
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Captain's Choice Venture Soap
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Balm: Captain's Parallel

Resolved the lather concern I had yesterday by simply mixing in more water!

IMG_6054.jpg

20210512_082852.jpg

Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500 Black Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Whilliam