Two pass shave: WTG, XTG/ATG​
Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8" Full Hollow Spanish Point Carbon Steel - Olivewood​
Pre-Shave: Taconic Organic Pre-Shave Oil, Unscented​
Brush: Elite Razor Waterfall Bubinga w/ 26mm High Mountain White Fan​
Soap: Tabac Original Shaving Soap w/ Bowl​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave: Proraso Blue Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm, Aloe and Vitamin E​
All but BBS!
  • The Proraso Blue is Dead! Long Live the Proraso Blue! I emptied a bottle today, but have a replacement, hiding in the background, ready to go
  • D'Oh! I forgot to include the brush in the picture. It's been a while since I took the time to take any pictures, and this is probably my most aesthetic brush. Regardless, I was too lazy to take another group shot, so added a brush-centric shot...
proxy.php
proxy.php
Nice post, nice pictures, nice brush.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

05/14/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A Woodsy, Aromatic Fall Classic!
Murphy and McNeil Black Mountain Shaving Collaboration Pisgah Shaving Soap - Kodiak Base
Dogwood Handcrafts Aurora Shaving Brush - 24mm Maggard Synthetic Knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Giesen Forsthoff Adoration 295 Hand Forged Steel 5/8” Straight Razor
Mountain Mike 3” English Bridle Leather Strop
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Murphy and McNeil Black Mountain Shaving Collaboration Pisgah Aftershave
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
Maggard’s Razor Oil

View attachment 1266752
I really like that brush.

Sat 15 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment De La Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette Red Tip A3
Blade Czech Astra Superior Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Wonderful under-rated soap. Love the wonderful scent and enjoy the thickly creamy slick lather...
Shave with vintage razor paired with the blade with an added shim was very nice. Really smooth and comfortable and can feel the blade is still crisply sharp & rigidly held up during the atg pass on the chin/lips area. The result was a mostly bbs finish.
Aftershaves were awesomely cool!!
View attachment 1266797View attachment 1266798
The soap is not underrated with me. I think it's great too.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, May 15th, 2021, New razor and just started dialing the Yaqi Excalibur 50mm in, might take a few shaves, I started out with my AC Kai Protouch blade on (8) shave and it indicated dullness so switched to the AC Feather pro(1) and that made a big difference. I did not feel threatened by the sharper blade but it is a very light razor & I was cautious(1st use). It is indicating from just the first shave a <mid range and indicates a great daily driver for some. I cranked out a excellent shave but still dialing the SE Excalibur in what I can & can not do when buffing. The razor finish and tolerances were adequate and did not turn me off the razor at all. It is just a possibly a good entry level razor if someone that is interested in entering the SE AC blade realm of shaving. First time using a Feather Pro & with the new Yaqi Excalibur razor. First impressions so far are positive and it will be used for at least 7 consecutive days with a daily double on Monday because of Micromatic Mondays.

Razor: The new Yaqi Excalibur AC style 50mm razor- MFG 2021>, nice <mid range razor, easy to maneuver around the face and easy going for the first shave. Light weight and I have other very light SE razors so finding the correct amount of light pressure is still on going.
Blade: Feather Pro AC (1) nice sharp blade, Sharp & smooth, longevity?.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco & vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot with black marble handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. 2x WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of AVON True Gent balm aftershave.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm + a AC Feather Pro.

SE SOTD, Sat, May 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom