What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 9th - March 15th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the Sunday shave, so much going on in the world, such stress...so yes, a small respite from all of it. Reached for the Karve CB with the A OC plate. Now, I haven’t been a fan of Feather Hi Stainless in the past but with a mild setup I favour super sharp blades. My go to blades are the Kai Super Stainless, Gillette Nacet or Polsilver IR in a mild razor. However, I got gifted a tuck of Feather DEs so why not give them a go today.

Soap of the day CBL Black Rose Oud. I have been waiting to give this one a go. The performance of CBL soaps (all of them) is exceptionally good. Premium base, Tonsorial...just give them a go you won’t be disappointed. A lovely mild rose scent. Great lather and slickness always awaits with Chris’s soaps. Excellent!

A wonderful three pass BBS shave. Topped it off with Thayer’s Witch Hazel Rose Petal and Guerlain Habit Rouge. Now it’s been a rough and uncertain week for a lot of people. Call those you love and keep them and yours in your prayers. Stay safe and be careful.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: CBL Black Rose Oud
Aftershave: Thayers Witch Hazel Rose Pedal
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
2064F3B1-0D0D-4A49-AC5E-060DC21FB154.jpeg

Rockwell 6S
Russian Swede (3)
Mama Bears Ye Olde Barbershoppe (Almost identical scent to Stirlings Barbershop, and thats a good thing)
Shavemac Silvertip
Clubman Bay Rum
Cade Balm

That Rockwell is one great razor. Feels like Im wiping hair off my face rather than shaving ...

I can't speak for others, but for me, this shave cream performs better than C&F, GT, AOS. A little slicker than those mentioned, the lather is a little denser as well. The aroma is a masculine, bright scent. I have life long sinus issues and not one scent to me overrides the others and the scent lingers for a bit but not long after you rinse. I haven't bought the After Shave in this scent but have the aftershave with Signature and scent lingers almost the hold day but not overpowering.
Thank you! I have been wondering if I should try this one and now I think I will just do it :c9: . Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom