What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 8th - March 14th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my cheapest setup but I enjoy it a lot.

Shavette: Vanta RA 109
Blade: Tondeo TSS 3
Brush: Omega 10077
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Mandorla
After Shave : Tüff sentitiv

IMG_20210314_083522.jpg

D7AD61BE-A3FE-4FC2-A7FC-6D19C6BE3DC1.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, MARCH 14, 2021

Well, my father-in-law’s house is cleaned out, and I spent part of Friday night in the Cumberland Medical Center Emergency due to an overly cautious bride who thought I was slurring my words. I kept trying to explain that I was just tired from a week of heftin’ and totin’, but she wouldn’t hear of it. The doctor diagnosed me as a tired, relatively healthy 74 year old, Then the two of us spent half an hour trying to calm my bride down and assuring her that there was no evidence of a stroke. The mug and dome shaves this morning, after a one day hiatus, were great and featured the Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8, which in combination with the SS Supply V2 put the baby to bed leaving your happy narrator clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: DH Nichiri Tokusen 6/8 (Mug), SS Supply V2 (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Injector II Twin
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature AS Balm.

SoTD, Sunday, March 14

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable (H3 - 1962) setting 5
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: AP Shave Company 24mm SynBad Fan w/ Ivory Green Handle
Pre-Shave: Shower
Lather: Stirling Baker Street
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
Creed Aventus
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
View attachment 1236510

Well, my father-in-law’s house is cleaned out, and I spent part of Friday night in the Cumberland Medical Center Emergency due to an overly cautious bride who thought I was slurring my words. I kept trying to explain that I was just tired from a week of heftin’ and totin’, but she wouldn’t hear of it. The doctor diagnosed me as a tired, relatively healthy 74 year old, Then the two of us spent half an hour trying to calm my bride down and assuring her that there was no evidence of a stroke. The mug and dome shaves this morning, after a one day hiatus, were great and featured the Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8, which in combination with the SS Supply V2 put the baby to bed leaving your happy narrator clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth.

POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature AS Balm.
You are a lucky man Jeff. Lucky to not have had a stroke, and lucky to have a wife who knows the sumptoms. My btother at the same age had the same symptoms and he had suffered a mild stroke.
On a brighrer note, that's a great pic. Phone or camera?

Back from the FFFMM due to technical k.o.
902491F4-777D-47FC-91DA-8ED24EA16943.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist (early version) 1st use
Blade: Gillette Super Silver platinveredelt 1st use
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: Colonel Conk Amber
Result: DFS+

Another winner from @Colonel Conk the Amber lathers easy, gives a good cushion and slickness and has a nice oldschool scent. As suggested by @Dalejr this vintage blade - my first - works like a charm, super smooth as GSB or Polsilver/Wizamet maybe even better. The Slim Twist is milder than all my Techs and even on the first outing it was so intuitive that I went on cruise control without thinking about it. I always thought that TTOs are bulky but this has quite a nimble head paired with a grippy handle. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed this shave.

Sunday 3/14/21

Razor: RazoRock MJ-90A
Blade: KAI (4)
Brush: Dr. Shaving Extra Density 28mm Silvertip
Bowl; Fine Lather Bowl

Cream: Coate's LE Shaving Cream

Post: Dickinson's Witch Hazel with peppermint and tea tree oils added,
Stirling Blu post shave balm

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
ΠDAY
14 March, 2021
______

Brush: PAA Starcraft
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Stirling Iced Pineapple*
Razor: Oristo
Blade: Nacet
Balm: Nivea
Frag: Vera Wang Men
*Left the lid off this for too
long and lost the scent.
A fine shave nonetheless,
though I did miss that
mouth-watering pineapple.

Looking forward to that extra
hour of sunshine this afternoon.

Stay healthy, everyone!
Bill

View attachment 1236510

We are lucky to have concerned brides! My wife is overly cautious, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom