SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 8th - March 14th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Razorock BBS
Blade: Astra SS (1st shave)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Cream: Proraso Green
Post-shave: Clubman No Bumps Gel, Proraso Green Aftershave Balm

One of those shaves where I think that I could use nothing but Proraso products and be happy.

IMG_4622.jpg

20210313_184927-01.jpeg

SOTD (072/2021)
13-03-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Omega 10108 27/57
Soap: Haslinger ~ Schafmilch
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: KAI (13)
Post shave: frigid tap water, BOSS Bottled AS
Fragrance: BOSS Botlled EdT

Have a great weekend, Gents!

Saturday's Shave
  • Prep: Warm shower
  • Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen
  • Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG
  • Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8" Full Hollow Spanish Point Carbon Steel - Olivewood Scales
  • Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Red Cream, Sandalwood & Shea Butter
  • Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 #23/30 w/ Shavemac Finest 22mm
  • Soap: Pre de Provence - No. 63 w/ Shea Butter
  • Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
  • Aftershave Balm: Pre de Provence - No. 63 w/ Shea Butter (First time using!)
proxy.php

03/13/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Irish Spring Original Soap Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Green Label Shampoo & Conditioner Bar - Homage to Paco Rabanne Pour Homme
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Irish Springs Seasonal Scent Artisan Shave Soap - Crown King Original Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Green Ray - 24mm Hybrid Tribble Synthetic Brush
Crisa Glass Salsa Bowl
The Phoenix Starling SE V2 GEM Type Razor 7075 Anodized Aluminum with Emerald OC Base Plate
Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Irish Springs Seasonal Scent Aftershave & Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements St Martin's Land Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength

B IMG_8262.jpg

Tonight shave

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Nectar Amissa
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Feather #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tipple- Ardbeg 10yrs old

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D6947FB8-DD28-4569-BE88-C69B39C472E9.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Proraso Green Tube.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Italy: Aftershave Balm Proraso Sensitive.
6) USA: Cologne Vera Wang for Men Cologne.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Sun 14th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man - New 1st Use.
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + B&M The Full Measure of Man Balm
Much anticipated soap. Received it a few days ago and the initial sniff from the tub was quite a mild scent and unique...very unique...is it cigar, is it tobacco, something else?...hmmm. Today during the lathering, the scent was stronger but I would say only up to mild. I am liking the scent as time goes by...hahaha. Sorta sweet, leathery cigarish...
Took a while before it becomes nicely creamy...have to add in quite some water. The slickness is really good. Overall, I am liking this soap and "may" fall in love later...this is definitely not a love-at-first smell...😅
Shave with razor paired with the blade was a perfect combination! Crisply smooth and comfortable for 3passes even during the atg pass on the chin & lips area without any issues for a mostly BBS finish.
The balm scent is definitely much stronger and I quite like it. Sweet but masculine, leathery, and cigarish. Even my wife says so and my neighbor (don't know anything about shaving soap) says the same. Initially abit sticky on the face but it was alright after 10mins. Nice, soft, and moist feel and I am in the tropics with outside temperature 32C. I went out in the sun and to lunch at a restaurant and it feels great. The aromatic cigarish scent remains 4-5hours later...nice!! Rating 10/10!
20210314_122906.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Sun 14th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man - New 1st Use.
Brush
Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 4th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + B&M The Full Measure of Man Balm
Much anticipated soap. Received it a few days ago and the initial sniff from the tub was quite a mild scent and unique...very unique...is it cigar, is it tobacco, something else?...hmmm. Today during the lathering, the scent was stronger but I would say only up to mild. I am liking the scent as time goes by...hahaha. Sorta sweet, leathery cigarish...
Took a while before it becomes nicely creamy...have to add in quite some water. The slickness is really good. Overall, I am liking this soap and "may" fall in love later...this is definitely not a love-at-first smell...😅
Shave with razor paired with the blade was a perfect combination! Crisply smooth and comfortable for 3passes even during the atg pass on the chin & lips area without any issues for a mostly BBS finish.
The balm scent is definitely much stronger and I quite like it. Sweet but masculine, leathery, and cigarish. Even my wife says so and my neighbor (don't know anything about shaving soap) says the same. Initially abit sticky on the face but it was alright after 10mins. Nice, soft, and moist feel and I am in the tropics with outside temperature 32C. I went out in the sun and to lunch at a restaurant and it feels great. The aromatic cigarish scent remains 4-5hours later...nice!! Rating 10/10!
View attachment 1236457
Good review. Thanks!

SOTD : 14th March 2020.

62.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 39c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./P&G Old Spice Classic ASL.

Greetings,

(Mothers Day Shave UK)

A relaxing Sunday morning shave..

The Cella soap performed superbly, each time i shave with this soap it's fragrance reminds me of 'cherry Bakewell tarts'...My current tub is near complete but, all is not lost, i have another unopened tub ready to use. I have a great fondness for sweet almond /marzipan fragrance soaps.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with generous splash of P&G Old Spice Classic ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom