SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 6th to March 12th 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun 12
Soap Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Nice aromatic scented soap with good lather qualities whip up pleasurably on the face with the excellent brush!
Did not shave for 2 days due to some breakouts in my shave areas. This razor sure does the job well today. 3 buttery smooth passes for a bbs-dfs finish...awesome!
20230312_205904.jpg

SOTD 3/12
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Blade: Personna PTFE Stainless
Brush: Grizzly Bay Bomb Pop
Soap: Barrister and Mann Passiflora
Aftershave: Passiflora Splash
Fragrance: Mancera Lemon Line

Felt like really utilizing some of my spring scents here on the morning of the time change. I need to dedicate some time to old gem razors again, they work really well for me everywhere but my neck.
20230312_114827.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, March 12th 2023

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930-'40's, mid range, well built and easy to clean. Very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (5) Very sharp, great longevity ,smooths out nicely + predictable .
Soap : Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore, nice vanilla & light tobacco sent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Mari Del Fiore + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 tiny weeper=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a coated Personna blade.
SOTD March 12 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

20230311_080709.jpg

Razor: Schick C2 Simplified Automatic Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Craving Shaving Neptune's Fortune, G5A knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

0A92617F-8072-4988-ADF8-4B92F72A7E66.jpeg

32C7208C-DE46-47B7-9301-8DC357FAD5DA.jpeg

Razor: Carbon Shaving Company Cx-316L /Web (.88mm “+” base plate) w/ R2 handle
Blade: Dorco Titan (d4)

Soap: Night Watch Soap Company Midnight Moods
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann 42

Round two... Today I used the "+" base plate and man was it good. I was impressed with my initial run when I used the "original" but this one was a noticeable step up in efficiency. I wouldn't feel bad if I only had the original to use but given the choice, I'm on board with the plus.

My software for today comes from a new artisan, Night Watch Soap Company in the form of Midnight Moods. It has scent notes of pineapple, citrus, geranium, limewood, sage, cedar, musk, and vetiver. As you can see it has some fruit and floral notes blended together but to me the overall accord is floral. I find it bright, clean, and pretty with an attractive quality.

With a soft Yaqi Purple Haze synthetic brush and a well-designed Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl, I whipped up a nice big bowl of fluffy lather. The soap is vegan in case you're wondering and though thirsty, it easily blows up when worked and is very slick on the face. If you're looking for a unique, pleasant-smelling, slick soap you can't go wrong with Midnight Moods from Night Watch Soap Company.

I did a four-pass shave appreciating my time with both the razor and soap. Each was a pleasure in its own right and helped me achieve a sweet bbs face.

Being in the floral wheelhouse, I chose the also beautiful 42 from Barrister & Mann. Though not with the identical notes as Midnight Moods I still felt it was a fine match. Turns out I was right based on the compliment I received afterward.

I want to wish you all a great day. Thanks for reading and as always, enjoy your shaves.

My first time trying Wet The Face products did not disappoint! I really dig how Donald comes up with these movie and tv show themed products, and since the Peaky Blinders was one of my favorite shows, I went with a set of their "Thomas Shelby's Signature Scent" (which is really nice). The hardware used includes a medium CaYuen bowl, PAA Astraeus brush, a Gillette Old Type razor loaded with a Gillette Platinum blade.
20230312_075900.jpg

SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-P_2023-03-12.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette NEW Flat Bottom GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (6)
ASL: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

A very pleasant shave. :biggrin:

There were no mishaps today, now that my new Aqua Velva Ice Blue is in a bottle I can dispense from accurately. :whistling:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom