Not open for further replies.
GILLETTE / PHOEBUS / SEMOGUE(1305) / SOUTHERN WITCHCRAFT

IMG_20230308_131502-01.jpeg

03/11/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Speakeasy Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sun Down Shampoo Soap Puck
Billy Jealousy Hot Towel Pre-Shave Treatment
Gentleman's Nod - Zaharoff Signature Leather Tabac C4+ Base Shave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Astraeus 22mm Shaving Brush Featuring NEW Micro Super Future Hybrid Synth Knot homage to the vintage 1960's Made Rite Lucite 116
The Ca Yuen Workshop - The Large "Kryptonite" Textured Wet Shaving Lathering Dish
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
The Razor Company Black Aluminum Razor
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Gray Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Gentleman's Nod - Zaharoff Signature Leather Tabac - After Shave Splash
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
Ariana & Evans All Natural Deodorant with Himalayan Pink Salt
The Holy Black Limited Edition Galleon Grease Pomade​

A IMG_2874.jpeg

SOTD-NEW-FB-GT-B_2023-03-11.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette NEW Flat Bottom GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (5)
ASL: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

A fine shave. :biggrin:

Pouring a little of my new ASL into my hand didn't go quite as planned. The bottle has no reducer in the spout and I got a handful. I immediately thought of Charles Bronson and the Mandom commercial. :lol1:

I recklessly poured most of it away, rubbed my hands together and applied it... still WAY too much (it's just as well that it has a pleasant scent). I'll decant some into one of my "so easy to control the volume" dropper bottles for my next shave.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
6BCD8EF7-560C-4854-BCA6-EB8C0DFB8D2E.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving Tik Tok Tobacco and Coffee Shaving Soap.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.

Shave 3/11/2023

Razor: Black Beauty 1982 Rhodium Replated
Blade: King C (2)
Preshave: Razor Emporium PreShave
Soap: Meštar (The Company), Bagulina (the soap)
Aftershave: Bagulina Lotion (all over face and neck)

Very happy post shave feel, DFS+/BBS, 3 pass shave, WTG, XTG, ATG.

20230311_214138.png

SOTD: 12th March 2023.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Originals shave cream.
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013) - Derby premium. (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /4711 ASL-Cologne. / Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Nivea Men Originals shave cream never fails to provide me with a super protective slick lather leaving a good post shave feel. Superb stuff!

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Men Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 20230312
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Arlecchino LE 28/28
Soap: Kepkinh Zeus
Razor: Charcoal Goods Lv3 SB Brass on Vertigo
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Kepkinh Zeus

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

Date12.03.2023
365 days of shaving71/365 (100%)
GRUYERE71/365 (100%)
GRUME March12/31 (100%)
03/12 (100%)
Soap of the Month Club (SOTMC)
12/31 (100%)
01/12 (83%)

RazorBladeBrush
Green Cult 2.0 Level IIPersonna Israeli (13)Omega Proraso
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

EfficiencyQuality
7/10 (~25 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9.5/10 (BBS+ / Marble-)9/10 (buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Decided to go with the same brush and repeat some of yesterday’s lathering process minus the overnight soaking. I opened another thread to gauge what average loading and lathering times are. I am in the same ballpark, except for Mike’s and MWF. I came a lot closer to breaking the code for this brush. I soaked for some 5-10 minutes in my little brush cup, shook the brush and started loading for about 55 counts/swirls. I gave it a couple of swirls in the lather bowl and then went straight to my face. This produced a very nice thick lather. Went back to the bowl and added a tiny splash of water, couple of more swirls and back to the face to make the lather more slick. I thought it was excellent and finally I got a glimpse of what a full lather of Mike's actually looks like.

Total bliss in the end. Everything feeling very smooth and relaxed. No irritation or redness - quite unlike the PermaSharp in that sense - and I even think the blade can do a 14th shave without much effort. I might even believe I entered the portal of marble magnificence, but maybe not everywhere equally. The Green Cult delivered without effort. I think the Razorine handle is the best fit for this head - I might be tempted to bring Razorine and Green Cult in contact with each other! - and the level II is an excellent daily driver. You get R41 effectiveness with perhaps R89 (although I only have the KCG razor as reference) smoothness and comfort. You need to pay attention obviously, but that applies to any DE razor you bring to your face. The Green Cult can be your complete shaving system at price point below the more well-known stainless systems.

Further details to today's shave and other ramblings can be found in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Omega Hi Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the shave in a row with the 37C and Wizamet blade. Another smooth and close shave. Today I woke up early and took a nice, leisurely shave. The Omega Hi brush does not get much love on B&B but it works fine for me. It loaded plenty of soap on the puck of MdC and provided enough lather on this 42nd shave with the soap. This synthetic has plenty of backbone and for some feels prickly on the face. However, I don’t have any problems with it. A perfect shave. Have a great day, folks.

Saturday, March 11, 2023.

Geo F Trumper Skin Food Santal pre shave. Carthusia: Uomo shaving soap in olive wood bowl; silvertip badger shaving brush with olive wood handle; aftershave balm & 1681 EdC. László Kovács: Herr & Razors, 10/8. 1/4 hollow. 120 layers of damask with .O1 core. Scale :Horn.

1430119D-F365-41D3-9D57-C78135BC466A.jpeg

Sunday, March 12, 2023.

Floïd oil pre shave. Australian Private Reserve, Lixiviant, shaving soap. Simpsons, Chubby 3, Sovereign Grade Candy Stripe. Jose Monserrat Pou: Filarmónica 14 Doble temple, custom acrilic candy stripe scales. Myrsol: Plastic & Emulsion, afte shaves; Blue, EdT.

6190B6AB-6C01-4522-BDD5-20BAB0824D4D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom