What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 4th - March 10th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I haven't posted for a long time after lurking for a while. Wanted to post something on another B&B thread so thought I would put some pics up of my shaving stuff (forgive the poor pics please).

Photo 23-07-2017, 22 35 55.jpg

These are my two Straights that I purchased last year - A Dovo Forestal, and a Dovo Bismarck.
I am nearly finished with the TOBS Grapefruit and have already started alternating between the Castle Forbes and the TOBS - Both are excellent, although they are the only ones that I used that are not from a can
I normally use the Nivea Sensitive shave balm, but bought the poraso to try it out. - both are excellent, but I think I may stick to the Nivea since it is cheaper and does the job any way. Also, the Nivea doesn't leave as much residue when it dries
I am still using the EJ bel and synthetic silver tip brush. No problems with both, but I would like the Razorock Hulk or monster and the Captains choice shave bowls

Photo 23-07-2017, 22 37 00.jpg

Seeing as I only got the Straights to shave my head, I did do very well with them and got into it, however I didn't want to keep stropping or maintaining them, so I have put some oil on the straights and put them in a protective case, and then I bought a Merkur 25C DE Razor.

It is a lot easier to maintain and as you can see, I bought a load of different blades to try out.

Photo 23-07-2017, 22 38 10.jpg

Photo 23-07-2017, 22 39 14.jpg

Photo 23-07-2017, 22 39 32.jpg

Photo 23-07-2017, 22 43 25.jpg

I know that it is not a shave of the day post - but wanted to share.

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted for a long time after lurking for a while. Wanted to post something on another B&B thread so thought I would put some pics up of my shaving stuff (forgive the poor pics please).

View attachment 806590

These are my two Straights that I purchased last year - A Dovo Forestal, and a Dovo Bismarck.
I am nearly finished with the TOBS Grapefruit and have already started alternating between the Castle Forbes and the TOBS - Both are excellent, although they are the only ones that I used that are not from a can
I normally use the Nivea Sensitive shave balm, but bought the poraso to try it out. - both are excellent, but I think I may stick to the Nivea since it is cheaper and does the job any way. Also, the Nivea doesn't leave as much residue when it dries
I am still using the EJ bel and synthetic silver tip brush. No problems with both, but I would like the Razorock Hulk or monster and the Captains choice shave bowls

View attachment 806591

Seeing as I only got the Straights to shave my head, I did do very well with them and got into it, however I didn't want to keep stropping or maintaining them, so I have put some oil on the straights and put them in a protective case, and then I bought a Merkur 25C DE Razor.

It is a lot easier to maintain and as you can see, I bought a load of different blades to try out.

View attachment 806592

View attachment 806593

View attachment 806594

View attachment 806595

I know that it is not a shave of the day post - but wanted to share.

Thanks, Ratty. You should take a SOTD pic and put it in the main sharing thread so everyone can enjoy it.

Simpson Strawberry Swirl T3 Manchurian Badger
Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet
Jowika Sollingen Razor
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

20181117_081539.jpg
Dovo Bismark, Lucky Tiger "liquid cream shave", Simpsons Chubby #1, Pinaud Clubman.

The Bismark is one I like a lot. I got it recently, honed from Jarred at The Superior Shave. It was shave ready. It gives a lovely shave.

This morning was my first time with the Chubby #1. What a thick, dense brush. I would not want any of the larger sizes. This pulls up a ton of lather.

The Lucky Tiger I bought just because the bottle looks so cool. I don't enjoy face lathering so much. In fact halfway though I just shoved the brush into the scuttle holding the DR Harris hard soap. Much better.

And Pinaud Clubman aftershave.

Last edited:

It's another "FREE Week" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a wonderful start into the new week :thumbup:

Monday, november 26
Dr Harris, Marlborought: Shaving soap, lotion & EdT
VigShaving 2 bands badger, 30 mm.
Bartmann 85, steel 5/8
proxy.php

11/26/18 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Detroit Grooming Ludington Glycerin Sandalwood Bar Soap
Doppelgänger Black Label Shampoo & Conditioner Bar - Homage to Sauvage
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo Small Batch Artisan Menthol Shave Soap
Dogwood Handcrafts Aurora Shaving Brush - 24mm Maggard Synthetic Knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Rockwell 6S Adjustable Stainless Steel Safety Razor, Plate 4
Derby Extra Blade - 3rd Shave
RazoRock Alum Block
Homemade Lime Infused Witch Hazel
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Sharp Dressed Man Menthol Aftershave Splash
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices Natural Deodorant - New Sport Strength Formula

B IMG_1765.jpg

Phoenix Shaving SS Ascension DOC Razor
Feather (3)
Williams Mug Shaving Soap
Razorock 24mm Barrel Synthetic Brush
Cremo Post Shave Balm
PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

IMG_0045.JPG

Monday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: Musgo Real
Razor: '55 Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Dorco ST300
A/S: British Sterling
Cologne / Fragrance: Aramis

Mike

Monday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood
Soap: Coate’s Lavender Cream
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium Edge (26)
Brush: Elite Razor/TGN Grade Silvertip-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Bulgari Blu

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Coate’s Lavender Cream today. 20 seconds to load the Elite Razor/TGN Grade Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade Chromium still in the Gillette Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Bulgari Blu aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

7050D748-4132-40BE-B8DF-0EBA49BB6BB8.jpeg

Happy Monday and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Preshave: Proraso Red
Soap: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red
Blade: Wilkinson (1)
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Brush: Simpson Special

26 November 2018
Bowl :: Suribachi Bowl
Razor :: The New Improved Schick Injector Razor - Type F
Blade :: Proline - B
Brush :: El Druida
PreShave :: Grooming Dept V35 Preshave Cream