LNHC ONE 8.1 shave soap
Juicy Couture Dirty English after shave spray
Juicy couture Dirty English eau de toilette

C3F860AB-5C0A-42E1-8FC9-E0E1EC62D628.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1082493View attachment 1082494

SOTD 04/04/2020

Shaving with an original Gibbs Adjustable is always a treat for me. I own two - a #15 and a #17. Both are in great shape given their age and a joy to use. The only wrinkle is adjusting a modern blade for their use which requires a metal punch. The Gibbs has two metal columnar tabs that sit in the middle of each end of the baseplate. Adapting a blade involves punching out a half circle in the middle of each blade tab, a zen-like activity that I find helps me to begin sinking into that shave fu technique focus that I so enjoy.

For this morning’s shave, I adapted one of my dwindling supply of original Polish Wizamet Super Iridium blades by punching out the necessary slots into each blade tab. After showering, I began the shave with a good cold water rinse. I then added 6 drops of M-Bomb to the MWF. The Jayaruh #378 Rosewood Badger brush had been soaking in warm water during the shower. It generated that lovely MWF cooling paste that was then applied to the shave surfaces and face and dome lathered with plenty of warm water into that thick MWF lather that always softens and prepares the whiskers beautifully.

Setting the Gibbs at 6, I began a slow leisurely WTG first pass. Madame Gibbs delivered the goods, shearing those whiskers right down to the skin line on both face and noggin. After lathering up again and adjusting the razor to 4, I finished up the second ATG pass, and that was all Madame Gibbs wrote, a velveteen smooth BBS. I finished up with Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash followed by Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm. The result was one of those shaves that you always remember, leaving me feeling extremely cool, smoooth, clean and refreshed. Tomorrow I’ll be shaving with a modern artisan razor inspired by the Gibbs, the Rex Ambassador.

RAZOR: Gibbs Adjustable #17
BLADE: Adapted Polish Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Chiseled Face Cryogen AS Splash and finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm
Now that's dedication!

Well I have truly enjoyed the “realm of mild” lately with stellar shaves being put in by a Tech and a Black Tip SS so as promised this 1956 Blue Tip SS was slotted in for today. I own a 56 trio and each of them are great. Loaded up with a fresh Kai today.

All the “Fall” scents have been rotated out and replaced with the bright Spring/Summer scents. I have a bunch all around scents that are on the cologne side of the spectrum and I use them all season. Stirling Executive Man is a perfect example of an excellent all season scent for me. Great soap, scent and performance. Matching AS is awesome.

Beautiful three pass BBS shave. Topped off with some English Laundry London EDP to add to the body wash and we are golden on a Saturday.

Stay safe folks.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed 1956
Blade: Kai Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Stirling Executive Man
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
English Laundry London Body Wash
English Laundry London
6FBB1B0E-E809-4DDF-81D2-EBB34D333FB9.jpeg

SOTD 04th April 2020: The English gentleman VS the Italian dandy.

Terrain was courtesy of France, field laid by a German and the outcome judged by a Spanish.

Rules: WTG/XTG, cold water, face lather

To counter balance the odds Gentleman was aided by a Japanese Samurai.
(Come on, be honest here. I am sh1t1ng my pants to use a Feather with the Fatip :biggrin: )

sotd04042020.jpg

Efficiency/Closeness: 1 point goes to Dandy
Ease of use: 1 point for the Gentleman (Gentleman was blood free, the Dandy wants your outmost attention so he revenged me)
Irritation: Tie (non from both)

Both gave excellent (DFS) results, essentially indistinguishable to the eye. I could go out with either result and still be ''awesome'' shaved.
But if you are after a BBS with the least effort the Dandy will be no match (with the appropriate technique).

Saturday, 4/4:

20200404_145524.jpg

Razor - Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Blade - Feather
Brush - Pennello Cavallo resin/horn 24mm HD silvertip
Soap - WCS Pear-Brrr Shoppe
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

Just another supreme shave from the GC on its final use this time up in the rotation. This week has been nothing but excellent shaves, and this has become something of a benchmark razor for me. I decided to see how a Feather would do for fun, and it was brilliantly sharp, but really, everything performed brilliantly in the GC all week. Crazy smooth results, fellas, this razor is aces.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Saturday, 4/4:

View attachment 1082641

Razor - Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Blade - Feather
Brush - Pennello Cavallo resin/horn 24mm HD silvertip
Soap - WCS Pear-Brrr Shoppe
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

Just another supreme shave from the GC on its final use this time up in the rotation. This week has been nothing but excellent shaves, and this has become something of a benchmark razor for me. I decided to see how a Feather would do for fun, and it was brilliantly sharp, but really, everything performed brilliantly in the GC all week. Crazy smooth results, fellas, this razor is aces.
Lovely brush!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom