Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD, Wednesday, April 1st, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Colgate shave soap stick + Rubberset restored badger brush
Gillette "Fatboy" safety razor + Nacet blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Aqua Velva Ice Sport aftershave

For USA folks, be sure to fill out your Census form to record residence as of April 1st!

proxy.php

Your honeycomb brush looks way better than the photos WCS posts. Now I'll have to buy one!

I wouldn't say their photos are inaccurate, but it is a little nicer in person. I guess most brush handles are, right? The details are certainly cool when you look at it up close.

April Fool's SOTD :001_wub:

SOTD_2020-04-01_2.jpg

Brush: Shavemac 22/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos 'Red'
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (1)
ASL: Proraso Red

I read Rave's @Raven Koenes first shave report on Lo Storto. As it was very close to my experience I'll paraphrase it:

"Today was my first use ever of the New Fatip Lo Storto Originale. I did my usual two pass (1 WTG/Freestyle, 2 ATG/Freestyle) shave. It is definitely a Fatip. The blade aligns perfectly askew just like a slant should. This means the blade edge is not even with the cap, but is with the baseplate. The exposure was equally skewed on both sides looking at the cap, so I was very pleased. What I mean by it is definitely a Fatip is that it shaves like one. It is blade rigid smooth; additionally so with the blade being twisted and torqued. I found it to be more efficient and smoother than my PBOCS. My conclusion is it shaves like a Fatip. That means I'm in love. It's smooth and efficient, but you do have to watch out with this one. I had more than usual feedback when applying aftershave. This sucker could smoothly and efficiently peel your face like a wire cheese slicer and you wouldn't notice. I look forward to getting as good at it as I am with my (normal) Fatip OCs. My face is really smooth."

Additionally, I found it a breeze for trimming my sideburns and mustache (which I don't with the PBOCS). I would say comparatively speaking that the Fatip is less slanted (i.e. closer to 90° to the handle than most) but gives the blade more twist (making it more rigid [and more twisted]). Perhaps Richard, King Slant @efsk, would chip in on that thought — please?

SOTD mid-week menthol

My 1st use of the Astra SS Blue, from the sampler pack bought from Razor Emporium. An excellent, BBS 2-pass on 3-day growth, zero irritation as I ran the alum over my face for one pass. A shave so good I experimented a bit and didn't use witch hazel, just went straight to the Proraso Green, on the heavy side to get that fresh scent to stay with me, which it did.
  • Pre- Liquid Neutrogena & warm water face wash
  • Razor- Merkur 34c
  • Blade- Astra SS Blue
  • Brush- Surrey boar
  • Cream- Proraso Green
  • Bowl- Captain's Choice
  • Post- Classic Shaving alum & cold water rinse
  • AS- Proraso Green
SOTD 20 4 1.jpg

SOTD

Hot shower
Hot towel for face shave

Karve SS C plate

Polsiver (2)

Brush, shave revolution

Upon shave completion, took remaining lather [emoji3476], was a lot,,,face shave by using rest on face followed by cold water rinse

Aftershave amazing ( used whole bottle of menthol provided)shave amazing

Score 10
proxy.php

SOTD

Hot shower
Hot towel for face shave

Karve SS C plate

Polsiver (2)

Brush, shave revolution

Upon shave completion, took remaining lather [emoji3476], was a lot,,,face shave by using rest on face followed by cold water rinse

Aftershave amazing ( used whole bottle of menthol provided)shave amazing

Score 10
proxy.php
Wonderful soap and accompanying aftershave. This is by far one of my favorites.

Thursday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (D5)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2-band 26mm
Bowl: Asfreidaturns Texas Mesquite 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Chypre Conifere
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Nobel Otter The Trail

Today's shave has something I've never posted before.

Kikuboshi theme

Super Kikuboshi razor

Kikuboshi strop. I have never posted this. I rarely use it as I'm not sure what material the fine piece is. In one sense it seems like cordovan. In one sense feels like some sort of foam. So I really dont know. I just love that it is a kikuboshi strop.

One of my favorite brushes. @Graydog Backyard maple.

Captains choice venture soap

Lucky tiger aftershave

20200401_204230_compress62.jpg
20200401_204237_compress9.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy D4 (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG_6722.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom