Razor: Merkur 33C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: DS Cosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
Stirling Deep Blue Sea EDT
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Orbit
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman

Friday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Jurgen Hempel Jarwin
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D9)
Brush: Shavemac TSR2015 LE 2-band Silvertip
Scuttle: Yoresh
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Cream: Xpec
Balm: Xpec
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Fourth & Pine

Happy Birthday a day later, always enjoy your photo's.

Sat SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
PAA Big Shave S’West
Brush
Omega Hi Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve SS
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Only a few shaves left with this soap. A nice, fast, early shave today. Off to a Men’s Bible Study this a.m.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, April 3rd 2021

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4- MFG 1959 4th qtr, excellent adjustable, nice in the hand, good grip, works well IMO.
Blade: Polsilver SI- excellent blade after 1st shave, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Italian barber Amici, nice grapefruit & other citrus scents, excellent lather qualities & affordable.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express 24 mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(Fatboy 7) + ATG(Fatboy 8) + pickups (Fatboy 8)
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gillette 1959 Fatboy + a Polsilver SI.
Gillette SOTD, April 3rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Saturday, April 3rd
proxy.php

New products day!
Bought a WCS synthetic brush. My first synthetic.
Thought I’d go cheap first. Was difficult to load the soap and had to soak the soap a little longer than usual. That being said...once loaded, wow! Great lather for days!!! Suggestion on a high quality synthetic?
2nd new product A&E revolution. My first A&E product. Soap and AS.
Great scent, great lather, very slick feeling over an A++
Razor Rockwell 6S with feather.
Post - Thayers, AS then Nivea post balm.
Happy Easter weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AF5ACC89-5DA5-4822-AE1A-41F0289336CE.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, APRIL 3, 2021

As many know, I enjoy daily shave variety, but sometimes one requires a focus to really get the hang of a new razor. That is definitely the case with the new Ellis & Allan Stubtail 8/8. After a good stropping on two pasted strops followed by a leather strop, I was ready for round 2. One of the good things about using any shaving tool is that it brings home those characteristics that you like as well as those that you don’t. The weight of this razor feels good; it’s the heft (ie maneuverability) that can be challenging. I’m quite comfortable with all my other straights in working below my jawline. The length of this big heavy blade makes toe down passes in that area challenging because of the curve there. However, a skin stretch straight up solved the problem by creating a relatively flat, planar surface. The result was the kind of smoothness I enjoy in my mug shaves. My faithful little Ronson cleaned up my noggin in its usual two ATG passes putting the baby to bed. I feel refreshed, clean and oh-so-smooth!

RAZOR: Ellis & Allan Stubtail 8/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin with an Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: A&E Kaizen
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Razor: Gillette 1955 Red Tip SuperSpeed
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Red Tip Synthetic 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Zaharoff Signature
Aftershave: Extro Cosmesi - Vaniglia (Vanilla)
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX

C350BD78-CD88-4AC4-8934-535E7764B2BB.jpeg

Here’s a Tip...Red!

A great razor (Birth Year 1955) that I keep misplacing. I’ve had this razor for over a year and this was only its second shave. I’ve never used a Personna Lab Blue blade before and it seems to be a natural for my face in this razor. Super smooth BBS. I did nick my outer ear lobe, but I wasn’t even shaving at the time so it doesn’t count.

I haven’t used the Zaharoff soap much. Whenever I take the lid off to smell it, it just seems too powerful for first thing in the morning, when in reality, once you wet it into a lather it becomes very soft and subtle. I made a note of that in my shaving app for future reference.
Another soft and subtle scent is the Extro Vanilla AS I used. Goes well with the Zaharoff soap.

On a lighter note, this tall lofted synthetic from Dscosmetic has a lot of backbone and is great if you like painting your face vigorously by slapping it on back and forth like a beaver tail. Like those old brooms they used to use in curling.

Last edited:
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Brush: SOC Silvertip Badger ,24mm
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper

Cream: TOBS Lemon & Lime

WSP Gaelic Tweed aftershave splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.