What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 29th - April 4th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, Mar30th 2021

Razor: Valet Auto-strop C1 Canadian variant-Mfg 1920's, I modified the blade gap from .011 to .007 and this razor became a pleasure to use, excellent razor, easy to manipulate on the face, great with a modified Gem Personna SS PTFE to shave whiskers very close. It's like going back in time when this was one of the best safety razors available + leading stropping technology.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent, excellent lather qualities, great post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo knot with black marble handle, Excellent lather Generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub & lather painter.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe Hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm on beard area.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Valet Auto-stop C1+ a modified gem blade.

SE SOTD, Tue, Mar30th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

0C80F249-4EFD-4ECA-9D7D-B0BBAB41F286.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, MARCH 30, 2021

I’m fortunate to belong to the TSD’s 30DC thread crew. In addition to making great friends, I get to benefit from the wealth of wet shaving know-how we all collectively possess, as well as the output of several highly skilled brush handle makers, one of whom builds anodized aluminum handles on his own home grown CNC equipment. I’ve really taken to his latest LE offering, this gorgeous blue LE handle.

Over the last few years I find myself beginning to migrate away from natural fiber brushes to the newer synthetics that have improved immeasurably from the original non-absorbent nylon offerings. I own several, but have been blown away by the effectiveness of the new 24mm SynBad knot I fitted to this superbly balanced handle. Not only does it have excellent flow-through, but it has incredible softness with sufficient backbone to bowl lather MWF, my ultimate test of any brush.

Mike’s Hungarian Lavender, like all his offerings, is an excellent soap, but unfortunately had sat unused in the empty condo for over a year. While I can’t speak to the scent, I can testify to the great protective lather and glide provided. The Wade & Butcher 7/8 sailed through my mug stubble in three lovely passes leaving my face glassysmooth. The Supply V2 completed its two ATG dome passes leaving your happy narrator refreshed, cool, and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), SS Supply V2
BLADE: Schick Twin Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Blue Aluminum Handle with SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mike’s Hungarian Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

SOTD - Tuesday 30 March 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Solid Bar - 0.50mm - TRH8 - Titanium - SLIM Edition - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Alpha Shaving - Kryten Titanium - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Dolomiti - Beta 4.0
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Dolomiti - Splash

20210329_135415.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Raw Shaving RS-26
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Raw Shaving RS-10
Blade: Personna Med Prep
AS: Acqua di Parma Colonia intensa
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere

proxy.php

Best Regards
Marco

BRUSH: Semogue Torga C5 boar, 24/50 mm
SOAP: Proraso cream (green)
RAZOR: Merkur 34 HD G (Feather)
A/S: Alum / Aqua Velva ice blue
COMMENT: Brand new Semogue Torga C5 boar. Great little brush, reminds me of the Omega 10029 "baby pro" (one of favourite boars) , but slightly softer - at very first use that is (never cared to "breaking in" other than by regular use). Inspired by string here at B&B:

sotd-IMG_20210330_214714.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom