Soap Colonel Conk Almond
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade SuperMax Chromium 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Thayers Cucumber
PAA Cavendish
Very good slick lather!
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Feels smooth especially atg. 3 pass ATG, XTG/ATG & ATG was enough. No weepers but feels irritation. Ice water face wash immediately followed by application of Thayers...finished with aromatic Cavendish. BBS results with rating of 9.5/10 only due to some irritation on the neck
20200327_103430.jpg

20200327_110544.jpg

Friday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: AlumOgallala / Bay Rum
Balm: Clinique for Men Broad Spectrum Moisturizer

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Friday March 27th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2 - Mfg 2018> , a excellent daily driver+ one of my favorites!
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE Modified (8) YY  Gem blade (2).jpg YY OB  (2).jpg
Soap : Razorock Amici
Brush: Yaqi rainbow 26mm synthetic brown whiskers.
Preshave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap :001_wub: + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave in my books!

SOTD Fri March 27th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Now back to CBL soaps shall we? I am a lover of “leather” scents don’t really know why but I love them. Cigar Shop Cowboy is a pretty fantastic leather forward scent! Magical really with some smoke and tobacco in there.

Today’s implement of stubble destruction the Colonial General SS SE. It is my current favourite razor...period. I rotate through other DE and SE razors but I could easily just grab this one for weeks on end.

Beautiful two pass DFS achieved. Topped it off with some English Leather AS and Guerlain Derby! Wow, think Clint Eastwood while wearing a bowler just punched you in the face! Happy Friday all!!! Stay safe and check in on your neighbours.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: CBL Cigar Shop Cowboy
Aftershave: English Leather
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Derby
BD67F7D3-8730-4AAC-B6C4-9CCEFF503C2B.jpeg

Friday, 3/27:

20200327_090959.jpg

Razor - Timeless SS 0.95 open comb
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Omega 637 23mm silvertip
Soap - Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

There are shaves where maybe one or two items are the star of the shave; this time, literally everything was the star. Every item just nailed it and gave me such an incredible shave. First, the brush: the Omega might just be my softest. It's got a tall loft like a Kent, and when you face lather with it it's almost as if nothing is there. All you feel is "soft". It gave me a terrific lather with a quick load, and the B&M really demonstrated how a top-tier soap can absolutely give you a closer shave. I had cushion and glide aplenty, and the Timeless loaded with the Personna really shone. Such an easy shave, a cinch to handle, and freakishly smooth-- I couldn't even feel the blade. With minimal pickups, it mowed down everything as close as is possible. I couldn't believe that such little effort got me such a good shave. I had zero redness or irritation, and my face feels like a razor never even touched it, except that my skin is crazy soft and smooth. It'd be impossible to judge whether this was the best shave I've ever had, but it was absolutely as perfect as it gets for me. I could go the rest of my life with this setup and be happy. 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom