What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 23rd - March 29th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
10 year + $1 dollar store skuttle, Proraso, Merkur 38C. Oh . . . 10+ year old B&B boar brush.

Skuttle.jpg
bbb

3/28/20
Haslinger Shafmilch
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
5/8 Dovo-Inox w/Olive Wood Scales
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm
Davidoff Cool Water
SOTD3-28-20.jpg

3/29/20
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
13/16 Bengall
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Original
Pecksniff's Mandarin Zest & Cedarwood Balm
Acqua di Parma Bergamotto di Calabria
SOTD3-29-20.jpg

Sunday, 3/29:

20200329_114112.jpg

Razor - Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P SB
Blade - Shark Super Chrome
Brush - Pennello Cavallo resin/horn 24mm HD silvertip
Soap - Siliski Soaps Citrus
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

Oh man I love this razor. It even makes Sharks smoother. The handling is great, the slim head feels very precise, and the way the razor sings sounds substantial and high-quality. I'm so looking forward to shaving with it for the week. Another really close shave, courtesy of the razor and Siliski Soaps, one of my favorite artisanal soaps. I love this scent, it's like a Creamsicle. Such a lovely, smooth shaving experience. 🙌

First Line Shave are a small artisan company and the two scents Blue and Red are not only fantastic but a portion of the sales go to assist our frontline law enforcement and firefighters, EMS etc. I have and love the Blue but today I reached for the Red. The blue is a dupe of Calvin Klein Eternity and the Red is Dior Fahrenheit. What a great scent! Have the matching AS for both.

Merkur 34G was the all out gangsta razor of choice today! It is such a great razor and a real looker too. Pretty easy to travel with this one or its chrome sibling the 34C which is also in the collection. Loaded up with a fresh Voskhod on this quiet Sunday.

A fantastic three pass BBS shave! I mean wow! What a perfect shave! Topped it off with some D&G The One because this combo just might be “The One”....

To all the Brothers and Sisters out there keeping our streets safe and tending to those of us who are injured, sick and in need of help, bless you and please watch six and stay safe. Thank you for your service.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: First Line Shave Red
Aftershave: First Line Shave Red
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Dolce & Gabbana The One
85F64C45-C87C-4D3D-B257-AD481F1E43C8.jpeg

proxy.php

Good evening and good cheer comrades

Buenas noches y muchos ánimos camaradas

SOTD 03/29/2020

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA 7/8 FRIEDR.HERDER ABR.SOHN 49 Solingen cachas hueso

Brush: RAZOROCK 24 Silvertip BARREL

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: FILSLADE Beer shaving soap

Aftershave: FLOID Blue

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión​

Sunday, 3.29.2020 SOTD
One day’s whiskers
Hot water splash
Pre-shave: Grooming Dept. moisturizer, Rainforest
Razer: SS Timeless .68 scalloped
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless (6)
Brush: New (to me) 2018 Brad Sears DFS L.E. 28 mm (1st use).
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Lather Bowl
Soap: Tabac

The GD Rainforest does a great job smoothing out the shave and protecting me from my still developing “technique.” The Sears DFS brush is delightful. Great knot that’s dense with soft tips and no scritch; good medium backbone and very luxurious feeling. The Captain’s bowl is also a treat that makes you want to take your time. There’s plenty of room to build lather, the sides are low so the brush handle does not hit the sides, and it’s easy to hold (which is good when you’re using a wet and soapy ceramic bowl over a ceramic sink and a ceramic tile floor). The SS Timeless .68 is a wonderful tool for mowing one day’s growth. Such a well crafted piece of kit. Finally, I am really liking the Tabac. There’s something reassuring about a large puck of hard soap; you feel like you have the luxury of being generous to yourself when loading the brush. Great creamy lather, very good residual slickness, mild unobtrusive scent, and really nice moist post-shave feel. (I appreciate this because the post-shave balms I’ve tried so far have scents that are fairly strong, except for the Nivea. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good low-scent, or scent free, post shave balm?) I’m new to DE shaving, and am starting to appreciate the more mildly scented products. I may be allergic to some of the more stongly scented products, and I’m finding that less is more, for me at least.
Result: Well the brush alone guarantees a DFS! The result today was a close, clean and comfortable shave. That’s a win for me, and it’s why I’m drawn to this hobby. Happy shaves to all and stay well!

2966D694-EEFB-4EEB-9245-557E713FB69F.jpeg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SUNDAY, 29 March 2020

Pre: Elegance Plus "Earth" gel
Lather: Real Shaving cream
Brush: H.I.S Synth
Bowl: Nubbed silicone dog feeder
Razor: Oristo w/Black DLC
Blade: Derby USTA (?)
Balm: CeraVe
Frag: Burberry Brit EdP*
*A woman's perfume that smells just like
Bigelow Barber Elixir Blue, but costs way less.
Go figure that one out.

Stay healthy, everyone.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
(I appreciate this because the post-shave balms I’ve tried so far have scents that are fairly strong, except for the Nivea. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good low-scent, or scent free, post shave balm?)
CeraVe. I like it because it doesn't conflict with any frags. Beauty of a razor, BTW.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Thanks! CeraVe has a LOT of products. Which one do you use? They have Healing Ointment, moisturizing cream, etc.
I use moisturizing cream. Stuff is quite sticky, so I apply it over wet skin, which speeds absorption. Forgot what the tub cost. Figure maybe $10-$15. But it looks like it's gonna' last forever, as a very little goes a very long way.

I use moisturizing cream. Stuff is quite sticky, so I apply it over wet skin, which speeds absorption. Forgot what the tub cost. Figure maybe $10-$15. But it looks like it's gonna' last forever, as a very little goes a very long way.

I just tried the daily moisturizing lotion, 8 oz. This product is really good. No bothersome scent. Goes on easy, and a little goes a long way. Non-greasy when it dries, and long-lasting. Thanks for the tip on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom