What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 23rd - March 29th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020-03-29

Ikea Bowl ¤ SOC 2012 SE & Barbear Clássico 2019 LE ¤ 5/8" Thomas Turner "Golden Primrose"
Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Chiado Cream, Aftershave & Eau De Parfum

proxy.php

Sun 29 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Bowl Ceramic from kitchen
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade Gillette WilkinsonSword 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice water
Thayers Cucumber with Oils mix
Clubman Whisky Woods
Amazing Tabac! Notwithstanding the unique scent, the lather quality is truly the best. Super slick and creamily thick.
Much more than expected...
Shave with razor and blade was very nice, comfy and smooth. Efficiency is less though. 4pass shave today with ATG, XTG/ATG & ATGx2. No weepers no irritation. Ice cold water rinse. Apply special Thayers which is aromatic and cooling from the teatree, lavender & peppermint oil. Top off with WhiskyWood. Good shave day! DFS result with rating of 9.5/10!
20200329_112841.jpg

20200329_113745.jpg

Cream : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
SvdD : 29-03-2020
Razor : Rex Supply Co. – Ambassador Adjustable Stainless Steel DE Razor
Blade : Shark – Super Stainless (3)
Brush : Paragon Shaving - Synthetic RAV Brush
Aftershave Balm : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
Eau de Cologne Intense: The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon

DSC_0031-01.jpeg

I don't know about air bubbles, but I've been noticing the same thing with my bowl. The lather goes up the sides, and I have to keep pushing it back down. I guess it isn't just me...

...also a Timeless bowl? I am not an engineer, but I would argue the curvature of the ridges lining the sides actually promote the upward movement of the lather.

My knockoff bowl cuts in and tapered toward the top before flaring out a little near the rim...never chase the lather and none tries to escape. :)

bowl.jpg

...also a Timeless bowl? I am not an engineer, but I would argue the curvature of the ridges lining the sides actually promote the upward movement of the lather.

My knockoff bowl cuts in and tapered toward the top before flaring out a little near the rim...never chase the lather and none tries to escape. :)

View attachment 1080042

Yes, the thing that drew me to the Timeless bowl was it being unbreakable. Previously, I had a Georgetown Pottery scuttle, and it was recently broken. I hoped to avoid that going forward.

Sunday SOTD

2 day growth. 2 Pass. I'm experimenting to see if it makes any difference when I get my best shave. 2-3 is my usual range with sometimes 4 days. Quarantine has me wanting to enjoy the shave experience more often. Every day would be too much.

Today's shave felt great, perhaps an 8 out of 10. BBS with just a slight weeper on my neck that the alum put a stop to. Elsewhere just some hints of alum feedback on the neck, and a spot or two of tingly burn applying the AS. I love to splash on a bit extra with Dr Jon's- it's so light in texture and WH is the 2cd ingredient.

Pre- Liquid Neutrogena & warm water face wash
Razor- Merkur 34c
Blade- Astra SP (5)
Soap- Dr Jon's Runaway
Brush- Omega 21mm silvertip
Bowl- Captain's Choice
Post- Classic Shaving alum & cold water rinse, Neutrogena Toner
AS- Dr Jon's Runaway
SOTD 20 29 3.jpg

Cream : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
SvdD : 29-03-2020
Razor : Rex Supply Co. – Ambassador Adjustable Stainless Steel DE Razor
Blade : Shark – Super Stainless (3)
Brush : Paragon Shaving - Synthetic RAV Brush
Aftershave Balm : The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon
Eau de Cologne Intense: The Art of Shaving – Coriander & Cardamon

View attachment 1080003

How's that knot? Is it stiff like a Boss or a little more pliant?

A little history with this one!

A new Ebay razor came yesterday. Didn't need it, but couldn't resist. The listing caught my attention.

"Vintage Barber Straight Edge Razor with box... I'm 80 and this is my father's so 100 yrs old is about right. Probably a Sears mail order product. since he was raised on farm near Aubry, TX. He used it in the War and last used it in 1955 and it's still very sharp."

I'm about 10 miles from Aubry, the razor looked good - if anonymous - and he must have really loved the razor of it went through WWII in that good a condition. And, it was $10 delivered. I pulled the trigger.

It's a Shumate President, original box needed a little TLC. It wasn't shave ready, but I glassed the blade and did a quick hone. The shave was very nice, a definite addition to my rotation.

And I feel a little connected to history. I'm going to try and find out a little more about the razor and it's first owner.

Attachments

• 20200329_114133[1].jpg
    20200329_114133[1].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom