What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 22nd - March 28th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210328_091605.jpg

Spend time with the ones closest to you today.
Have a great Sunday.

Saturday Evening SOTD

Brush: Omega 10098
Cream: Vi-John Icy Mint
PAA Travel Scuttle
Razor: Weishi TTO
Blade: Shark Super Chrome

IMG_20210327_235834__01.jpg

I am unused to creams, so it took me a while to get a proper lather. For a shave cream called Icy Mint, it was neither. I had expected there to be menthol in it. It does have tea tree oil, but such a small amount, I couldn't tell. I would have had a mintier and icier experience by blooming an unscented soap with mint tea.

I really can't complain. I only ordered it to get past the free shipping limit. It does have acceptable slickness and cushioning. It might be better once I figure out how to lather it properly. I'm thinking of using it and the Wilkinson Sword together. The WS has a nice scent and the cream has the slickness that the WS lacks.

The Weishi is my first TTO that I acquired years ago. It is a nice mild razor that paired well with the Shark. Or rather, it calmed down the blade's aggressiveness. I really don't like the Shark blade. The only time it has not bitten me, was when I used GFT cream.

Not my worst shave, but a different blade would make it more enjoyable. One day, I may find a combination that is ideal for me, but for now I am enjoying the journey.

Sun shave vign.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
PAA Big Shave S’West
Brush
Graydog Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve SS
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10.
Comments
An excellent lather with the combo of the PAA soap and the Graydog Syn. Enough lather for a four-pass shave on my face and one on my head. The Wizamet does a nice job with this razor.

41A0A6D6-DEB3-4BBB-9779-D3BBC2F811DC.jpeg
2E2A6F33-F60A-40BE-ABDE-D5ECF0F67DB3.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, MARCH 28, 2021

Unfortunately, it was too overcast for a backdrop shot, but the 51st floor shot from yesterday, although a bit gloomy will have to suffice. Today’s shave featured two modern artisan razors. The Bone Mosaic razor from Victor Creazzi delivered an awesome mug shave in three very close, smooth passes. I really like the balance and feel of this new razor, and it’s just so pretty! My favorite travel safety razor is the SS Supply fitted with a Schick Twin blade. And it delivered a dome shave every bit as smooth as the preceding mug shave. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi’s Bone Mosaic 7/8 (Mug), SS Supply V2 (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Twin Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: RR 400 Noir Plissoft
SOAP: Mike’s Hungarian Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Sunday March 28th
proxy.php

Pre- cold was with Nivea face soap, Proraso pre
Captain’s Choice heavy copper bowl
Paladin PK-47 satin briar
Stirring Baker Street
Gillette 195 1961
Post- Thayers witch hazel, captain’s Choice sample land ho, Nivea post balm
Have a great what’s left of the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

March 28, 2021

I really enjoy the performance of the 3 Murphy and McNeil soaps that I’ve had the pleasure of sampling, but haven’t found a scent that works for me yet. But the performance of the soap is too good for me to give up on trying. I’ve got a few more samples headed my way as I type this, hopefully one will be more up my alley.

Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto (Gold FOCS)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (54)
24199E8D-DD3C-4D15-94BD-C1F97C1423A3.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model3-Mfg 1970-72, nice adjustable, well built and good range of aggression levels. Not sure how a person can shave wide open but it's available.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(7) very sharp blade, good longevity and smooths out nicely. predictable.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood with mild clove in the soap- nice clean scent, good lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia, tuxedo 24mm knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood with clove + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 tiny weeper = :a17:excellent shave with my Schick adj M3 injector + a Personna coated injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Mar28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

20210328_145738-01.jpeg

SOTD (087/2021)
28-03-2021

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Stirling Blu
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger 0.84 OC
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water.
Fragrance: Polo Blue EdT

Just a nice, quick and flawless shave.

Have a nice Sunday, Gents!

Last edited:
cartoon1616867913278.jpg

Razor: Schick E2 Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Simpson's Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Saturday Evening SOTD

Brush: Omega 10098
Cream: Vi-John Icy Mint
PAA Travel Scuttle
Razor: Weishi TTO
Blade: Shark Super Chrome

View attachment 1242994

I am unused to creams, so it took me a while to get a proper lather. For a shave cream called Icy Mint, it was neither. I had expected there to be menthol in it. It does have tea tree oil, but such a small amount, I couldn't tell. I would have had a mintier and icier experience by blooming an unscented soap with mint tea.

I really can't complain. I only ordered it to get past the free shipping limit. It does have acceptable slickness and cushioning. It might be better once I figure out how to lather it properly. I'm thinking of using it and the Wilkinson Sword together. The WS has a nice scent and the cream has the slickness that the WS lacks.

The Weishi is my first TTO that I acquired years ago. It is a nice mild razor that paired well with the Shark. Or rather, it calmed down the blade's aggressiveness. I really don't like the Shark blade. The only time it has not bitten me, was when I used GFT cream.

Not my worst shave, but a different blade would make it more enjoyable. One day, I may find a combination that is ideal for me, but for now I am enjoying the journey.
I just purchased and used that VI-John Icy Mint and the Fruit FUSION earlier this month.
I like them.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom