Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (7)
ASL: Clubman

Another fine shave. :biggrin:

All is well in ZenShaveLand.

COMMENTS ON MY FIXED FOUR SO FAR...
Brush:
The Semogue Mistura brush is the best I've ever used. (Thank you for the heads-up Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers.) It was great straight out of the box and gets even better with use (that was its 47th shave today). It's a total lather monster with exemplary flow-through (I'm not overkeen on lather hogs). It's soft on the face but has excellent backbone, so accurate face lathering and painting are easy. I would still prefer an 18mm knot due to my small brush preference... but as 22mm appears to be Semogue's smallest, I'll just have to be happy with that. (It's only the best brush in the world after all.)
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana is a superb soap IMO. I've found all the TFS soaps that I've tried dead easy to make a superb lather of any consistency I desire. For any future Fixed Fours I would pick one outside of their intense line (probably a Rasozero or their Traditional Red [almond]). The reason for that is, although I love the scent, it's a bit overpowering for daily use.
Razor: The Wolfman WR2-SB is the one I want to dial in, in this FFFMM. I'm finding it very enjoyable and learn more about it each shave. I think love is in the air. At this point I'm far from mastery, but that's fine with me. I picked the "Worlds Finest" handle to go with it because it's the grippiest stainless steel handle I've ever used, but in a gentle way. It passes my handle test with flying colors (I don't notice it while I'm shaving). The knurling looks pretty innocent in the pics... but don't attempt to wipe it on a towel (= end of towel).
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome, Personna Red, or whatever of its numerous other names you want to call it was my first blade love and remains so. There's plenty of other blades I like, but one of the Red's top points for me is no damned annoying wax.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Monday shave

54190A32-BE92-48F5-B6ED-7D4BA36AD9D3.jpeg

Prep: The Body Shop Sugar Scrub
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Sanax badger-cased boar
Razor: RazoRock Mamba on stainless halo handle, #6
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum, #4 and binned
Post: alum -> hyaluronic acid -> Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair aftershave-> The Cool Fix -> My Nik Is Sealed-> Nivea Cool Balm

Two passes: CCS face, SAS neck, but a wretched shave overall. Tried a different pattern on my neck and paid for it with significant feedback, major razor burn, and multiple weepers. It wasn't helped by subpar lather. Live and learn. :bayrum2:

Tuesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Weber
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2020 TSN LE Boar
Bowl : Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Department Spa
Shave Soap: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Toner

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
5C42391E-8AD0-455F-8951-98782040E57A.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Germany: Soap Tabac.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Aldi Prince Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk Cologne.

Tue 23rd SE SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Yaqi AC Brass (alternated between the original brass handle and another heavier Yaqi brass handle)
Blade Feather ProGuard 9th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
I absolutely love this aromatic soap scent! Thick, creamy, and slick too...
Shave with the razor with the well-used blade was another smooth, comfortable, and efficient 3passes without any issues for a BBS result. Hmmm...I still prefer the original handle. Very enjoyable session. Rating 10/10!!
20210323_001406.jpg

20210323_105857.jpg

SOTD : 23rd March 2021.

67.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather : Erasmic Shaving Soap Bowl.
Blade: Lord Platinum Class .(D3)
Razor: 1960's Gillette Slim Twist.(ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Creightons Sensitive PSB./ P&G Old Spice Original ASL.

Greetings,

A wonderful shave from my 1960's slim twist. I've said this on many occasions it still amazes me that a 50 year + vintage DE razor can still shave so smoothly.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Original ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

IMG_0348.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: G-FOCS
Blade: Wizamet Iridum Super 6th use
Brush: Semogue Mistura Finest Butterscotch
Soap: Colonel Conk Amber
Result: BBS

Great shave, the blade by now feels less sharp but the results are still top. Also the Mistura (~ 20 shaves) is now definitely softer than a month ago whilst retaining some scrub and excellent backbone. Happy Camper here :thumbsup:

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 23rd March 2021

Shave Score 9.70/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub PreShave Cream
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Cream: Saponificio Bignoli - Violetta Di Parma
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RR Lupo
Blade: Gillette - Nacet (1)
Post Shave ASL: TFS - Vecchia Torino
Post Shave Balm: Barts - Ben Nevis (Amber & Moroccan Jasmine)
Post Shave Cologne: Penhaligons - Douro, Eau de Portugal

First outing on the Violet cream, great smell, very slick/slimy lather, no bubbles, lots of residual :)

DFS was had.

Joe.

IMG_0734.jpeg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
SOTD-WR2-R_2021-03-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (7)
ASL: Clubman

Another fine shave. :biggrin:

All is well in ZenShaveLand.

COMMENTS ON MY FIXED FOUR SO FAR...
Brush:
The Semogue Mistura brush is the best I've ever used. (Thank you for the heads-up Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers.) It was great straight out of the box and gets even better with use (that was its 47th shave today). It's a total lather monster with exemplary flow-through (I'm not overkeen on lather hogs). It's soft on the face but has excellent backbone, so accurate face lathering and painting are easy. I would still prefer an 18mm knot due to my small brush preference... but as 22mm appears to be Semogue's smallest, I'll just have to be happy with that. (It's only the best brush in the world after all.)
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana is a superb soap IMO. I've found all the TFS soaps that I've tried dead easy to make a superb lather of any consistency I desire. For any future Fixed Fours I would pick one outside of their intense line (probably a Rasozero or their Traditional Red [almond]). The reason for that is, although I love the scent, it's a bit overpowering for daily use.
Razor: The Wolfman WR2-SB is the one I want to dial in, in this FFFMM. I'm finding it very enjoyable and learn more about it each shave. I think love is in the air. At this point I'm far from mastery, but that's fine with me. I picked the "Worlds Finest" handle to go with it because it's the grippiest stainless steel handle I've ever used, but in a gentle way. It passes my handle test with flying colors (I don't notice it while I'm shaving). The knurling looks pretty innocent in the pics... but don't attempt to wipe it on a towel (= end of towel).
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome, Personna Red, or whatever of its numerous other names you want to call it was my first blade love and remains so. There's plenty of other blades I like, but one of the Red's top points for me is no damned annoying wax.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
Great review Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom