Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Stirling 2-band Finest Badger
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Varen
Aftershave: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Stirling Deep Blue Sea EDT
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

243F3C6E-66E2-4F27-A8F6-3C5C002AA96E.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, MARCH 23, 2021

We all have certain razors that are memorable. Today’s shave features two razors that struck a chord with me. For the mug shave, it’s my Dovo Special, my first straight razor bought new six years ago that launched me on my open edge journey, albeit with a protracted gap. This razor proved to be both a diagnostic tool as well a challenge to be overcome. On my third shave with it I injured myself rather severely, and in the process learned I had Parkinson’s. So in the drawer it went for years. To make a long story short, I picked it up again years later with my wife’s ankle weights strapped to my forearms, and have been happily straight shaving ever since. After refreshing it last night on two pasted strops and my leather strop, it sailed through my whiskers in three enjoyable ‘Buttering Toasty’ passes and put the baby to bed with no trouble.

The subsequent dome shave featured my Occam’s DE, a remarkably efficient kit razor I purchased for my Paramedic, ex-jarhead son Sam, two Christmases ago when Classic Shaving offered it as a kit with three base plates and two top caps for a very fair price. As it turned out, Sam had already been gifted a OneBlade Hybrid by his older brother, and so graciously returned it to me. So out of curiosity, I decided to give it a try, and am I glad I did. The most aggressive plate, as it turns out, is an homage to the Eclipse Red Ring design-wise whether intentional or not. The shave is quite similar to the latter. The issue I have is one many of us can identify with in this great hobby, too many dang good safety razors! As a result this one has been sadly neglected. This morning’s noggin shave reminded me what a great shaver it is. Two ATG passes left me smiling, refreshed and oh-so-smooth!

RAZOR: Dovo Special 5/8 (Mug), Classic Shaving’s Occam’s DE
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with Hybrid Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse withHumphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

I've really enjoyed testing some new soaps this month. I decided to make march "menthol March", and coincidentally two of the soaps I was testing this month to write reviews were highly mentholated. The reviews for the Bundubeard Sanga Symphony and Kameelperds Kick as well as the Master Soap creations citrus melody will be coming out in the next few days.

All three soaps have really managed to impress me, especially the citrus melody, I've wanted a mentholated citrus scented soap made locally in South Africa for a long time!

Shave 1-4
Razor: Gillette slim adjustable
Brush: yaqi marble handle "plissoft"
Blade: supermax blue diamond (1-4)
Soap: Bundubeard Kameelperds kick
Aftershave: arko ice mint

Shave 5-9
Blade: supermax blue diamond (5-9)
Soap: Bundubeard Sanga Symphony
Aftershave: arko ice mint

Shave 10-15
Blade: supermax blue diamond (10-15)
Soap: Master Soap Creations citrus melody
Aftershave: Master Soap creations frosted peppermint.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASR SOTD, Tue. Mar 23 2021

Razor: Everready British 1912- MFG 1936-53, excellent mid range, best gripping handle of the 1912's models, great results.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely over time + predictable.
Soap : Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild vanilla tobacco scent, excellent lather qualities, excellent post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express synthetic, eye candy, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, easy to grip, great lather painter, first use of this pleasant to use knot & brush, it has softer back bone than other yaqi knots IMO but gives a nice gentle scrub IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea.
Results: CCS,DFS.BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17:Excellent shave with my ER British 1912 with a coated Gem Blade.
ASE SOTD, Tue, Mar 23 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay& think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Tuesday March 23
proxy.php

Old school today
Pre- cold face wash with Nivea, Proraso pre green
Tabac original soap
Ever-ready 500PBH (definitely need to re knot this)
1961 Gillette fat boy adjustable
Gillette platinum blade (first one so am playing with the settings)
Post- Thayers witch hazel, clubman bay rum then Nivea post balm

Fantastic shave with this thing on its first run. Very happy with it! May have it sent to Razor Emporium for the revamp...thoughts?
Everyone have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tuesday March 23
proxy.php

Old school today
Pre- cold face wash with Nivea, Proraso pre green
Tabac original soap
Ever-ready 500PBH (definitely need to re knot this)
1961 Gillette fat boy adjustable
Gillette platinum blade (first one so am playing with the settings)
Post- Thayers witch hazel, clubman bay rum then Nivea post balm

Fantastic shave with this thing on its first run. Very happy with it! May have it sent to Razor Emporium for the revamp...thoughts?
Everyone have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razor Refresh is better prices for a revamp. Great service.

Razor: BAILI BR179, TTO
Blade: Personna blue LAB (2)
Brush: Dr. Shaving Extra Density 28mm Silvertip
Bowl: Fine lather bowl

Soap: L.A. Shaving Soap Co.,Myrkvior

Chatillon Lux Colonia Balsamica Toner

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
TUESDAY