Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, March 1st 2021-Gem 1912 anniversary of its patent on Feb 27th, great different 1912 razor models over the decades.

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 Parade with baton taper handle- MFG 1943, excellent mid range, I really enjoy this razor with tapered handle & receive stellar results.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(3) Excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely + very predictable+ great longevity.
Soap: Speick- very nice spicy scent with great lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot with black marble handle :001_wub: its one of those brushes you just very much enjoy in all respects to a great brush. I have a lot of their brushes yet this one has the perfect loft and feel of doing its job perfect this morning.
Pre shave: Brush washed face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS.DFS.BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my Gem 1912 JR Parade with tapered handle + a gem coated blade.

MMMonday, Mar 1st 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
20210228_152757-01-01.jpeg

SOTD (060/2021)
01-03-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Semogue TSN 2020 Silvertip badger
Soap: Martin de Candre ~ Agrumes
Razor: Mühle R108
Blade: the mysterious KAI (1)
Post shave: frigid tap, Speick Men Active ASL

A new month - and a new blade (never used a Kai before). My first shave with the Kai was close and effortless, but it's way to early to provide a profund judgement... The upcoming shaves in course of March will provide a better insight, if this blade suits my needs.

Have a nice day, Gents!

Last edited:
84125B3A-200B-4DD9-B6E1-C46BC34C0476.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, MARCH 1, 2021

Welcome to March 1, also known as Mitchell’s Monobilt Monday! Today’s two pass ATG dome shave featured the Cooper Monobilt safety razor, just an extraordinary, adjustable, little shaver, particularly when fitted with my preferred Feather DE blade. I loosened it to it’s most efficient shave, and it swept away my dome stubble like the Romans through the Sabines. The Wade and Butcher 7/8 on its part delivered a comparable mug shave in three slow, enjoyable passes to kick off the month with an extremely refreshing, porcelain smooth mug and noggin shave. In the interest of living dangerously, I topped it off with a healthy splash of Alt-Innsbruck!

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Cooper Monobilt (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Aluminum Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Alt-Innsbruck.

cartoon1614535965084.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior The Parade Baton Handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

SOTD-WR2-R_2021-03-01.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "Worlds Finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

A very pleasant shave. :biggrin:

That was great for a FFFMM first shave. I'm familiar with everything barring the Wolfman... but I did three trial shaves with it before committing myself to the whole of March. I can't imagine anything worse than a piece of kit you don't like in a Fixed Four. I somehow expect that I'm going to fall in love with the Wolfman, but time will tell.

The Semogue Mistura (the smallest one they do – I would prefer smaller) is probably the best brush I own (thank you for the enabling Jim @Chan Eil Whiskers :001_cool:). It's a fantastic brush and a lather monster. It was great straight out of the box, and gets even better with use.

I love the scent of the TFS Mandarino Tachibana soap, and I find it just so easy to quickly make a lather of any consistency I choose with it. Since my first outing with TFS (Rasozero Agrumella) I've become a dedicated fanboy.

The Personna Platinum Chrome (Personna Red, or whatever you want to call it) instantly became my favorite blade the first time I tried one in December 2015. It's still at the top of my list although I do have quite a few other favorites too.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom