Today’s music provided by:
Alice In Chains ~ Unplugged

proxy.php

Date: 16 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 49 Boar 27/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

15 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

SOTD : 16th March 2019.

24.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : OSP ~ 'Fougere'. (Sample)

Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum.(1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Menthol Crystals + Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

Wilco ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend,.. every friday i pick out my SOTD set up's for the week & photo them in advance for the start of the weekend, i was going through my shaving den to dig out what i haven't used for a while and noticed my sample soaps along with my Omega 10051 boar & Vie-Long 4212 horsehair brushes.

This week's SOTD's will be a 'Sample soap week'.

Starting off with the OSP 'Fougere' which was kindly gifted to me by a fellow member of TSR forum (UK) last year along with a Ever-Ready SE 1912.(US) razor, and a wonderful assortment of soaps samples.

The osp 'Fougere' soap has a great fragrance and provided a slick protective lather in no time ,enough for the full shave with only a small amount required, leaving a superb post shave feel to my face.

The Omega 10051 boar brush and OSP fougere sample excelled the shave producing a excellent wonderfully slick protective scented lather with only a small amount. A superb brush that i've hardly gave any attention to,along with the Vie-Long 4212 horsehair brush,both superb brushes i intend to add to my shave set ups more often in the future.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...A excellent shave to start the weekend.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilco ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 03-16-19
Pre: Cremo Original Shave Cream
Soap: Cremo Lathering Shave Cream - Sandalwood
Razor / Blade: Schone gold open comb / Astra SP (2)
Brush: Vulfix 1016 Pure Badger

DSCF0047 - Edited (3).jpg

Saturday, March 16.
- Geo F Trumper's, Coral skin food, pre-shave
- Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch: Shaving soap & aftershave
- El Druida, barbera, 2 bands badger
- Tanifuji 5982, silver steel
- EdT Joban Musk.
proxy.php

2019-03-16

Ikea bowl ¤ TSN 2018 LE, boar ¤ 6/8" Le Grelot
T&H Sandalwood Cream, Aftershave Balm & Cologne

proxy.php

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Crowne & Crane Thuringian Forest
Razor: Vintage Gillette “Black Beauty” Super Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Platinum (5)
Brush: Henri et Victoria High Mountain White-22mmx55mm
Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Crowne & Crane Thuringian Forest today. 20 seconds to load the Henri et Victoria High Mountain White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Platinum still in the Gillette Black Beauty. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Southern Oud aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Raw Shaving RS-10 Razor
Aggressive Plate
Gillette Silver Blue
Simpson Commodore X2 Best
PAA Shave Oil
Williams Mug Shave Soap
PAA Mysterium Serum
Old Spice Cologne

SOTD - Saturday 16 March 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Blackbird SB
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo - 24mm Bulb (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Cream: Castle Forbes - 1445
  • After-Shave: Chatillon Lux - Skin Salve - Pure Lavender

Razor: Gillette NEW SC /Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow blade

Brush: Leonidam 28mm 2-band badger HDGel bulb

Soap: Wholly Kaw King of Oud

Aftershave: Latherbros El Barber Aftershave Balm
proxy.php

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

SOTD 03/16/2019

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: PARKER Variant adjustable
Blade: GILLETTE Blue Extra
Brush: CRV SCNHG -2018 Dos Bandas
Pre-Shave: MYRSOL emulsión
Lather: URO Joserra
Aftershave: MYRSOL Emulsión
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión

Simple Saturday SOTD – a sharp blade, a nice brush and a super cream

Many of the reviews I have done over the time since I started wet shaving have been of high end soaps and creams. That’s just the way it tends to be – I mean why not show off your best right? A lot of us forget that out there in the wet shaving wild there are dozens if not hundreds of everyday soaps and creams that are priced from less than a dollar to the mid twenties and all points in between. One such soap I used today – Musgo Real.

Now Musgo Real is, in my opinion, worthy of a place in everyone’s shave chit. Mugso Real is a light very pale green cream soap from Portugal – you can find it HERE.

The fragrance is what I can only describe as manly, barbershop, masculine and just nice. Soapy – yes. The fragrance notes on their website simply says “Woody and Oriental” but to me it is much more complex than that – yes those notes are there and can be detected but that is behind the soapy smell – the soapy smell of a laundry day with your Mum, the scent of a freshly dried cotton bed sheet that has been washed by that same Mum and then dried in the glowing sunlight of a summers day – y’getting it?

proxy.php

From the website:

“Musgo Real was first launched in the 1930s, and it remains a classic, found in Portuguese houses over several generations.

The brand retains its masculine aesthetic, while the products, offered in four different fragrances, have kept their rich formula.

Each of its lines are blended with lanolin, glycerin, shea butter and walnut oil to ensure a moisturizing, yet close shave. The range includes soaps, shaving cream or soap, aftershave, pre-shave oil and colognes.”

Luxury masculine aesthetic products with vintage inspiration!!

The rest of my stuff for today was:
  • Merkur Futur
  • Feather Blade on shave #1
  • Van Yulay black resin bowl
  • Future Chubby Prototype in black with a 28mm silver tip badger
Musgo Performance

I squeezed out a teaspoon full of the cream into my bowl. The badger knot had been soaking for ten minutes whilst I showered so I started lathering up. Take a look at the results – click on a photo for a closer look! This is after less than 2 minutes twirling…

I completed a three pass with plenty of lather to spare.I cut my nose, just I was feeling smug the Feather cut me. Styptic.

What can I say, if you don’t have Musgo then you NEED to buy some. My tube has a darker green colour and the current tube colour is a lighter shade but it is the same great soap.

And for those that like photos – here are the rest of the photos from today’s shave

St. Patrick's SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Karve E
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D7)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Cream: Irisch Moos
Aftershave: Irisch Moos

An interesting combination. A new Rockwell blade in the razor and suddenly I got a few nicks and weepers, but oddly only on the starboard side of my face. The green tea Provence Sante aftershave was very nice.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom