What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" JUNE 8th - JUNE 14th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday shave 1.jpg

Today I used my RR Stealth Aluminum Slant razor that was loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade for the third shave. I really like this razor and blade combination. The soap is Haslinger Coconut, tallow formula. The brush is an Omega 81052 boar. I did my usual four-pass shave on my face and two-pass on my head. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and L’Occitane ASB. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Vintage Sunday SOTD
Vintage Gillette D-1 Toggle feather (2)
Vintage Gillette 1914 Bulldog fresh Med Prep
Vintage Old Spice soap and cologne
Bottle was sent to me by a friend
Vintage Gillette Talc
26mm SHD 2 Band badger backyard Maple Graydog
Amazing as always 😍
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200614071117161_COVER.jpg

Sunday, 6/14:

20200614_083300.jpg

Razor - Global Shave Club Espresso
Blade - Dorco Stainless
Brush - Semogue Owners Club 24mm boar
Soap - WSP Formula T Gaelic Tweed
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

Wow, color me impressed. I picked up a few WSP soaps because they were really cheap as dented tins, and I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, I am blown away, because they are EXCELLENT. I very easily generated a shiny, creamy/gooey, silky soft lather with the SOC. The scent is freaking awesome; I'm assuming this is another take on Creed's Green Irish Tweed, in which case I might have to invest in some. Primary and residual slickness and cushion were terrific.

The GSC razor with the Dorco was quite smooth, especially with the super-slick lather. The usable angle is much more towards the cap than a 34C, but once I found it, smooth sailing. Gives a great, close shave. I look forward to using both soap and razor more. This was a supremely pleasant shave.

Ikon 103 Short Comb, Tatara handle/Kai (2). Very close but not very comfortable, the Ikon design requires you ride the cap more than you should given the geometry to avoid the same too pointy teeth you find on the Ikon Deluxe . It's a very unfortunate flaw because it's a nice shaver otherwise. The Tatara handle offers good balance with the aluminum composite head.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Shave, June 14th 2020

Razor: Pal injecto-matic - Mfg 1952> Very Smooth shave with a Personna SS PTFE blade, very light razor!
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (2)- nice very sharp blade with great longevity with low cost per shave.
Soap: Tabac- great traditional soap that lasts and lasts. Triple milled with a mild flowery scent, good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24mm syntetic - great brush that has no problem with hard soaps, soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.(summer months need very little or none IMO.)
Results: 9/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: Very enjoyable shave with my Pal Injecto-matic.

Sunday shave June 14th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

BFC05180-A935-48F4-AD67-91694B0C1B02.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY, JUNE 14, 2020

Well, Tim, my shave today was excellent, and I will admit that it must be the blade. I am fast becoming a Valet Auto Strop booster! I now own three of them. Two proprietary - they can only use Feather FHS and FAS blades or Valet Original (VB2, VC4), and one non proprietary (VC1). This was my second shave with the VC1.

In my first shave I used a modified Gem blade, but this shave featured a Feather FHS-10 blade. The shaves were identical with the exception of the blade used. Now don’t misunderstand what I’m about to say. I love Gem razors. I own several and get great shaves from them. It’s just that in this case the Feather blade outperformed yesterday’s modified Gem.

The Gem wasn’t faulty. It was only the 4th shave on that blade, and I routinely get 7 - 10. It was a new Feather blade, as I rarely get more than 4 shaves from this type blade. In any case today’s shave like yesterday’s was a one and 1/2 pass (WTG, ATG) BBS, but it moved into the velveteen (VBBS) arena on the dome. Now in fairness a fresh Gem might perform equivalently, but I’m going to quit while I’m ahead. I feel cool, clean, velveteen smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Valet Auto Strop Model VC1
BLADE: Feather FHS-10
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Kent Infinity Synthetic
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature enhanced w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb.
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Signature Scent Cooling After-Shave Gel.

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200613_092112.jpg

6/13/20
RazoRock XXX