What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" JUNE 8th - JUNE 14th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
11-6-2020

Agua y jabón :: Lea Classic + La Toja + Floris + Wickham 1912 :: Rubberset 400 :: Razorock, Game Changer 0.64, Mülhe :: Aqua Velva

proxy.php

Salut!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

SOTD Thursday June 11, 2020:
Growth: 24 hours
Pre: Hot water splash
Soap: Stirling “Orange Chill”. Great lather, scent, and face chill. Tremendous value here
Bowl: Captain’s Choice - Once more into the fray!
Brush: Paladin “Tutt” in Harlequin, w/26mm knot. This brush “sets the bar.” Incredible!
Razor: Paradigm 17-4 This razor just amazes with its smoothness and close shaves
Blade: Gillette 7 O’ Clock Black SP(5) Should I keep pushing it? Getting tuggy.
Post: Murphy & McNeil “Cliffs of Moher” AS splash - Really nice scent and mild slow burn
Three passes with touch ups. Result was 10/10.
Today’s “re-learning” : Slow and no pressure, repeat! Happy Shaves to All!

FB42A73B-B2D5-4F09-9814-86034499C695.jpeg

8CEFC610-AA47-4E45-86E0-61CD2A559E98.jpeg
E2BC33E3-5484-4F2B-9FEC-168F1B09B6EF.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY, JUNE 11, 2020

Great shave yesterday with my century old NOS Le Coq Display Queen. Since I was in the mood for another great shave, I grabbed my Cooper Monobilt fliptop razor. Our @jmudrick puts the release around 1934 given patent information. The razor can be shaved in two configurations. See the photo courtesy of @jmudrick. Totally tightened down, the shave is extremely mild and somewhat inefficient - top shot. However, when loosened up, the resulting shave is quite efficient - bottom shot.

This razor is capable of delivering extremely close shaves, particularly to the dome which is why I enjoy using it so much. In use it bellows the “buttering toast” song, one of my favorites. The problem is there aren’t a lot of them available. A long time member at TSD picked one up, but it suffered from the major failing of these razors, a bent base plate which throws the entire shave off leading to its resale shortly after acquisition. Mine, thank goodness, works just fine, and has always delivered a great shave.

After my shower and cold water rinse, it was time for a workout. The 316L SS Synth brush from Rearden Razor weighs 15.8 oz. It has great heft at almost a lb., and always makes me feel like I’m exercising in use. The enhanced Nancy Boy shave cream felt cool and wonderful on mug and noggin as it was painted on with my barbell brush. The first WTG pass sheared through the prior day’s stubble right down to the skin line leaving only my two trouble spots for further attention. A little selective buffing around the Adam’s Apple and in the slight valley at the top of the back of the dome left me with the desired VBBS. I feel clean, cool, velveteen smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Cooper Monobilt
BLADE: Sharp Star
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: 316L SS Rearden Razor Synthetic
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature enhanced w/ 6 drops M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Cooling After-Shave Gel.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1111784View attachment 1111785
SOTD THURSDAY, JUNE 11, 2020

Great shave yesterday with my century old NOS Le Coq Display Queen. Since I was in the mood for another great shave, I grabbed my Cooper Monobilt fliptop razor. Our @jmudrick puts the release around 1934 given patent information. The razor can be shaved in two configurations. See the photo courtesy of @jmudrick. Totally tightened down, the shave is extremely mild and somewhat inefficient - top shot. However, when loosened up, the resulting shave is quite efficient - bottom shot.

This razor is capable of delivering extremely close shaves, particularly to the dome which is why I enjoy using it so much. In use it bellows the “buttering toast” song, one of my favorites. The problem is there aren’t a lot of them available. A long time member at TSD picked one up, but it suffered from the major failing of these razors, a bent base plate which throws the entire shave off leading to its resale shortly after acquisition. Mine, thank goodness, works just fine, and has always delivered a great shave.

After my shower and cold water rinse, it was time for a workout. The 316L SS Synth brush from Rearden Razor weighs 15.8 oz. It has great heft at almost a lb., and always makes me feel like I’m exercising in use. The enhanced Nancy Boy shave cream felt cool and wonderful on mug and noggin as it was painted on with my barbell brush. The first WTG pass sheared through the prior day’s stubble right down to the skin line leaving only my two trouble spots for further attention. A little selective buffing around the Adam’s Apple and in the slight valley at the top of the back of the dome left me with the desired VBBS. I feel clean, cool, velveteen smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Cooper Monobilt
BLADE: Sharp Star
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: 316L SS Rearden Razor Synthetic
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature enhanced w/ 6 drops M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Cooling After-Shave Gel.
Every day, a new shaving adventure. I love it! Thanks for posting.

Thu 11th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Tatra Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + AV Musk
Really nice lather. Scent orangy, creamy and slick. Brush is one of the best.
Tried the razor and blade combo today and it was great! Smooth, still sharp enough and most importantly it is comfortable!
3 multiple passes with some buffing. No weepers nor irritation. BBS to DFS result. Excellent shave today. Rating 9.7
20200611_072445.jpg

20200611_075951.jpg

The Vigorous Mentholate at its best

El Mentolado Vigoroso en su máxima expresión

SOTD 06/11/2020

Razor:
Shavette BÓKER Olivo

Blade: TONDEO 65 mm. TSS 3

Brush: VIELONG EPSILON Punta Plata 55x26mm Butterscotch

Pre-Shave: Agua caliente

Lather: DAISHO Mentolado Vigoroso

Aftershave: FLOID Haugrolizado Mentolado Vigoroso vintage

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión​

Last nights shave was interesting to say the least. I haven't used a DE in a long time since I have been working on getting comfortable shaves with straights. Well I picked up a DE razor on the BST section that i have wanted since before it was released. I had to use it. All in all the shave went better than i expected until i sprayed the Whiskey Woods on. It was at that point I knew I f***ed up. I wanted to RIP my face off to stop the burn. Interesting enough though absolutely no cuts. I though I had a great shave till the AS.

Razor - Blades Grimm Adjustable. I was surprised at the weight of this razor. It is heavy. But feels good. I am not too impressed with the adjustment mechanism. They could have done a better job there. Other than that it is a great razor.

Blade - Sharp Star

Brush - Elite with 26mm Synbad. Never tried this knot and I do like it, though I dont know how well it would work on hard soaps. Works great with cream. I am not used to so little backbone. I am going to try it on hard soap. But more than likely it will be a brush I use with croaps or creams, which is fine I will still use it.

Bowl - Captains Choice Lather Bowl ( I need to get a couple more bowls so I can have a rotation)

Soap - TOBS Sandalwood cream

Aftershave - Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime Balm and Whiskey Woods

20200610_191020_compress70.jpg

Thursday Evening Shave

The weather has been typically British today. Brief intervals of sun and plenty of rain, so I decided to try my new D R Harris Sandalwood soap out and see how the Gentleman’s Face Care Club brush worked with a hard soap.

Pre: Shower
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Gentleman’s Face Care Club (Synthetic)
Soap: D R Harris - Sandalwood
Post: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Aftershave Lotion; Rosa Impex Men’s Master Professional Tea Tree and Menthol Aftershave Balm.

IMG_20200611_203326.jpg

One of those shaves where everything works together.
IMG_20200611_202833_edit.jpg

I had my best shave ever with the Wilkinson Sword Classic. It might be the first time I’ve used a Feather blade with it but it worked wonders. Almost a BBS after 2 passes.
IMG_20200611_205118.jpg

The Gentleman’s Face Care Club synthetic did a grand job with the D R Harris soap. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend either. The soap has a subtle scent compared to Salter, TOBS, Trumper and T&H’s takes on ‘Sandalwood’ but I like D R Harris’s, it’s definitely woody. Soap lathered up a treat and I had plenty of slickness.
Nice bit of menthol to cool everything down afterwards.

10/10 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom