Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG_6924.jpg

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Red-tip SuperSpeed
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Alum/Quinn’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Booster Mosswood
Balm: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel

Wed 10th SOTD
Soap Arko
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Tatra Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid + Old Spice Lime
Cella Balm
Arko...one of the best...in price, quality and simplicity. Very nice lather...creamy and slick.
Shave with the RR Slant paired with the blade is like a satin glove fit. So smooth and comfortable. Still sharpish and efficient. 3 multiple passes and was tempted to do some buffing since it was so comfy. Some irritation on the neck. Good result between BBS to DFS+ with rating of 9.5/10
20200610_071432.jpg

20200610_074330.jpg

Wednesday, 6/10:

20200610_091148.jpg

Razor - Gillette '55 Flare Tip Super Speed
Blade - Astra SS
Brush - TurnNShave "Cosmos" 26mm Silversynth
Soap - Viking Soaps sample
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

I really enjoyed this soap! It lathered really quickly in the bowl, had good structure but was also dense enough for good cushion, nice sheen, and wow, the slickness! It's really very good, primary and residual. Nice lemony, herbal scent too. Andrew definitely makes good soap. The slickness along with the Astra and mild razor just set things on cruise control. The result is another very fine, close, comfortable shave. Good stuff!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, June 10th 2020

Razor: Gillette old type with a tech handle- Mfg 1920's- this razor reminds me to be grateful for what I have because the previous owner had not much looking at the handle that it came with in his shaving gear.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP black(3) Great DE blade, sharp & smooth but longevity might be shorter than some blades.
Soap: TOBS Sandal wood - Great scent with reasonable lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock 24 mm Plissoft- I like using this synthetic still, great brush all the way around in scrub,painting & display. It seems to be holding up well after 3 1/2 years of use also.
Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Gillette old type & Gillette 7oClock.
SOTD, Wed, June 10 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom