What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 7th - June 13th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, June 10th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer.84, Mfg 2018> excellent milder side mid range, well made Stainless steel, smooth shaver, I enjoy this razor with my Kai SS blade.
Blade: Kai SS(7)- sharp & smooth with great longevity, extra wide blade by .009" thousands of a inch than a standard Gillette giving more blade feel.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice refreshing clean scent with excellent lather qualities. One of my favorites.
Brush: Razorock 24mm Plissoft, excellent lather generator, soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter. 4 years ago top of the line synthetic brush but Oh how times change so quickly. I used this inexpensive brush a lot over the last 3.5 years and still use it.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper(operator error)= :a17: excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS blade.
DE SOTD, Thur, June 10th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Nobody does a photo post shave, so here goes:

IMG_9401.jpeg

Pre Shave: Proraso plus the Seaforth water that had been soaking the puck
Soap: Vintage Seaforth
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 in Super (only second time out)
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Razor: Gillette Heritage
Post: Dab of 444 mixed with the discontinued Floid Blue. (Still have three giant bottles)

_storage_emulated_0_Pictures_Cartoon_Photo_cartoon1623263286884.jpg

Razor: Schick K4 Lady Eversharp yellow injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector Twin
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

SOD Thursday June 10, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Green Soap (7)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings: ATG:7-WTG:9-XTG:5
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Balm: Proraso Green

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_20210610_145818020~2.jpg

I'm a crappy photographer, but wanted to share one of my all time favorite shaves. First time using Haslinger soap and T2 brush.

For a vegan soap, Haslinger was as good as any uber fatted soap. I think this is the V2 vegan base. I could buff and clean up after a simple water rinse with zero irritation. Skin felt hydrated and smooth post shave.

The T2 face and bowl lathers a hard soap without issue. Decent backbone to pick up hard soap, splays easy, and soft tips. Just enough scrub if you want.

Pre: Stirling Unscented Preshave Oil
Soap: Haslinger Sensitiv + Menthol Crystals
Brush: Simpson Trafalger T2
Razor: ATT SE1
Blade: Kai Protouch MG

I'm really happy with the Haslinger and Simpson purchases.

It's close to 100F today. Perfect weather for menthol crystals in the shave soap, and SMdF AS, my wife's favorite scent. 10/10 shave before a date night.

Last edited:
Really liking the Kai MG for daily shaving with the SE1. Not as efficient as some other AC blades, but very forgiving with zero irritation with buffing and ATG. I can get just as close of shave with a little extra effort.

In my 4 yrs of wet shaving, this shave might have been the zenith. Perfection. I can only hope to recreate this every shave from here on out.

SOTD-L-G_2021-06-10.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: OAM Stay Traditional
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Personna Red (7)
ASL: Clubman Whiskey Woods

A nearly excellent shave. :biggrin:

If it wasn't for the soap's scent it would have been truly excellent. The second shave with this soap today confirmed that (to me) its scent is horrible (I've just put it in the PIF box). On saying that, the Whiskey Woods ASL has done a pretty good job of covering it up. :whistling:

I have no idea which soap I'll choose for my next shave, but for sure it'll be one whose scent I really like.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Friday SOTD

Gillette New Improved (Nickle replate)
Wilkinson Sword Super Sword-Edge
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe Beta 4.3 Soap
Simpsons Classic 2 Best
Saponificio Varesino Cubebe Aftershave
Amouage Jubiliation XXV

All my SOTD are taken post shave, usually hours later when I have spare time + catch some natural light!

P6116277 (2).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom